Mamba Monster X combo installed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bic1090

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi all. So as the title states I have installed the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X esc/ motor combo. This combo is absolutely amazing and well worth the price!! I have installed the Arrma 17 tooth pinion gear as the 18T that came with the castle motor is the wrong pitch for the Arrma spur gear. Here are a few pictures and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. It was a process but once I figured out how to mesh the pinion and spur gears, life got wayyy easier. That was the hardest part honestly. It is a wheelie machine, and even having the T-Bone racing V2 wheelie bar it will flip on its lid easily. I also installed the Thrasher front bumper and skip plate. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 20161007_154320.jpg
    20161007_154320.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 20161007_180653.jpg
    20161007_180653.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 20161007_190115.jpg
    20161007_190115.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 20161008_194846.jpg
    20161008_194846.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 20161008_193313.jpg
    20161008_193313.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 236
Very nice i like the mmx esc i have one i need to call castle about and see whats up with it, the mm2 i have in my slash with a 2650kv castle motor. I think i may look into a posidon motor.... i just got a replacement from arrma for the nero but with this esc i think it will run much better than stock, the differance in my xmaxx was unreal from stock traxxas xmaxx to mmx... so i think this will be close to the same mich smoother more even power and very easily tracked and tuned.... should be a great combo the castle 2200kv motors are awesome too...

What!? All those new goodies and no video? :D
Thanks.. And yes the Castle mmx combo is awesome. I upgraded because my Arrma esc is buggin out. It keeps shutting off, and now it studders on acceleration. So I said screw it and got mmx combo.
And to Woodie. Im working on some vids. I broke a driveshaft. And then drove it after moving a driveshaft around with 3 axles... Hahaha. Not smart cuz now I broke a servo.. Oh well.. Lol

So i
Thanks.. And yes the Castle mmx combo is awesome. I upgraded because my Arrma esc is buggin out. It keeps shutting off, and now it studders on acceleration. So I said screw it and got mmx combo.
And to Woodie. Im working on some vids. I broke a driveshaft. And then drove it after moving a driveshaft around with 3 axles... Hahaha. Not smart cuz now I broke a servo.. Oh well.. Lol
So I have ordered 2 hd axles for the rear and am looking into a servo atm. *hit happens.. Lol

So i
So I have ordered 2 hd axles for the rear and am looking into a servo atm. *hit happens.. Lol
if you send it in they will send you new one, I sent in my 3 bad ones and a bad motor and had it back in my mail box in 7 days. The customer support is amazing for this company...

if you send it in they will send you new one, I sent in my 3 bad ones and a bad motor and had it back in my mail box in 7 days. The customer support is amazing for this company...
Im going to send the motor/ esc in. But last time I sent in the esc, this is the second time, it took almost 2 weeks total. So hence my decision to buy the mamba monster. But it was def a good choice, and one I don't regret. This system is awesome! Hahaha

How much amps is the mamba? More than 150??
Hey - I went under a fence and cut my powerline to the esc RIGHT at the side of the esc. I got a new one from Arrma and it's been flawless - should I try to get a replacement esc from Arrma ? It was an accident on my part so I never thought it would be covered under the warrantee ...and that was the last time I drive around without the shell. Lol.

If it's just the switch for power then solder wires together and when batteries are plugged in it comes on... both my castle esc's have no on off switch when batteries are plugged in it is live...

Will send u a picture of the ESC. The fence sliced the power line right at the side of the ESC. There's no more power line to solder. The picture will explain but I'm at work. Will send when I get home. The new ESC has worked fine and I will hopefully fix this one. But if I can send into Arrma - would be great too. Just not sure if the warranty covers it.

my mmx will be here tomorrow or the next day... castle replaced the one I had that quit... awesome and my quick connect too!!! now Nero or kraton.... if I put it in nero I want to put Nero esc in kraton.... also want to put a Nero motor in my kraton.... hummmmm....

my mmx will be here tomorrow or the next day... castle replaced the one I had that quit... awesome and my quick connect too!!! now Nero or kraton.... if I put it in nero I want to put Nero esc in kraton.... also want to put a Nero motor in my kraton.... hummmmm....
If I was you I would put the combo in together.. I love my monster x combo. But I have noticed that with the Nero 17 tooth pinion gear it runs hot as hell. It actually goes into safe mode...
Im going to try the stock 15 tooth pinion and see how it goes.

I like the Nero motor, I think it's better than the castle, the Nero is in the upper end of what the castle 2200kv is capable of pushing... I was thinking I would get an evul motor with mmx for the Nero and put theverything Nero combo in the kraton

I like the Nero motor, I think it's better than the castle, the Nero is in the upper end of what the castle 2200kv is capable of pushing... I was thinking I would get an evul motor with mmx for the Nero and put theverything Nero combo in the kraton
That castle 1515 motor kills the Nero motor hands down. I won't change back. But I wil say that the Nero has a great combo feom the factory assuming it run properly.

I am on my second Nero motor... one poop the bed one day not over heated, was 109 when I hit it with the temp gun. sent it in and got a new one a few days later. my mmx was in my xmaxx then it sat and it was not working when I tried to put it in my kraton... castle sending me new one... I like castle motors but the 1515 2200kv is not meant to be in a heavy truck like Nero. is it fast and work yeah probably but it's gonna be hot because your pushing the upper end of the weight limit... I don't run the 17, it's stock, I am thinking on trying a 16 and some different tires... maybe badlands or stock kraton , I do have a set of trenchers but they no good on 6s.

Hi all. So as the title states I have installed the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X esc/ motor combo. This combo is absolutely amazing and well worth the price!! I have installed the Arrma 17 tooth pinion gear as the 18T that came with the castle motor is the wrong pitch for the Arrma spur gear. Here are a few pictures and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. It was a process but once I figured out how to mesh the pinion and spur gears, life got wayyy easier. That was the hardest part honestly. It is a wheelie machine, and even having the T-Bone racing V2 wheelie bar it will flip on its lid easily. I also installed the Thrasher front bumper and skip plate. Enjoy the pics.

Nice!

I have the same setup in my nero. Took a lot of work, but worth it! I started out with the 2028 (beer can motor) bit it was way too much work to get it to fit. The 1515 is perfect. Enjoy it! Def. runs cooler than the stock configuration under the same loads.

Was running with my bud last night in the Costco lot. He has a Losi XXL2 with 1/5th scale wheels & shocks. He also runs a mamba X esc. Just like everyone else - he has no idea how many Amps ... I've heard it's 400A ... don't they have to show that? Does anyone know ?

Nice!

I have the same setup in my nero. Took a lot of work, but worth it! I started out with the 2028 (beer can motor) bit it was way too much work to get it to fit. The 1515 is perfect. Enjoy it! Def. runs cooler than the stock configuration under the same loads.
I don't know about cooler. I think I need to change out the 17 tooth pinion gear and put back in the stock 15 tooth. I think it overheats the castle 1515. Especially with the body on, it has shut down on me twice and was hot as hell. I could feel the heat from the motor.

I don't know about cooler. I think I need to change out the 17 tooth pinion gear and put back in the stock 15 tooth. I think it overheats the castle 1515. Especially with the body on, it has shut down on me twice and was hot as hell. I could feel the heat from the motor.

Really? Thats strange. I run a telemetry module on my 4px; and its for sure cooler than the BLX setup per all the data collected. I'm running a 17t as well.

Yeah I actually just found out that the warning beeps indicate the esc is overheating and going into safe mode. I have to call castle tomorrow and see what they recommend doing.

Nero with a 2200 Kv motor and 17t is way too much.

Was running with my bud last night in the Costco lot. He has a Losi XXL2 with 1/5th scale wheels & shocks. He also runs a mamba X esc. Just like everyone else - he has no idea how many Amps ... I've heard it's 400A ... don't they have to show that? Does anyone know ?

it's most certainly NOT 400a

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back