Kraton Mamba Monster X Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Took my Kraton out today and all of the sudden the truck just lost all power like the battery came unplugged. None of the magical smoke was released, and the capacitors are not swollen. Plugged into my castle link and the the thing works. It will not work with a battery plugged in and I checked the connections on the esc. Like wtf I’ve had more issues with castle creations stuff than in the last 2 years than the 10 years before that. What’s super lame is that the esc only has 40 packs ran through it and it’s 1.5 years old. I guess I have to call them tomorrow and see what they say. It’s says on there website I’ll have to pay $100 to get a new one. I just thought I would share this if anyone is thinking of getting castle stuff. I’ve had 4 10amp bec’s burn up last year a castle sct catch fire and now this. I think I may go back to hobby wing stuff just sucks they don’t make a sensored waterproof esc.

I don't now either. They would just explode on me. killed a few of my titanium gear servos.
That's not good at all. I have heard of them back feeding full voltage to the radio which back feeds everything.

My traxxas MXL-6S (MMv2) died on me for no reason similarly. When I got home and plugged it into my computer, it acted weird, then the software said it was uploading the firm wear. Regardless what I did though, no power came out of it either for the receiver or the motor when batteries were connected to it. It lasted 3 years on 4S in my ERBEv1, then I converted the chassis to a v2 and ran 6S in it 3 times and it died.

Replaced it with a HW Max6.

I’ve had great luck with the hobbywing products.
I'm really liking the max6 so far in the ERBEv2. Got another for Christmas from my wife which I put in my outcast to replace the blx185. Hoping I can gear up a tad without overheating. At the very least, I'm able to send 7.4V to my savox 1210sg vs 6V.

I'm really liking the max6 so far in the ERBEv2. Got another for Christmas from my wife which I put in my outcast to replace the blx185. Hoping I can gear up a tad without overheating. At the very least, I'm able to send 7.4V to my savox 1210sg vs 6V.
Do you recommend the max 6 over the max 8? It seems that there would be a lesser chance for over current draw with paddle tires in the snow.

Never had a max8, so I can't say. I haven't run the max6 in the outcast yet. I replaced it because I wanted to gear it up at least 1 tooth on the pinion and the blx185 would overheat on me at the grass bmx running 3.8" trenchers after about 13 minutes. Hoping the max6 allows me to gear it to 14T without overheating. I may have to try a lower kv motor, but will see how it does eventually when it warms up.

I have run the max6 with the blx 2050kv motor in my ERBEv2 and really like it compared to what I had, which isn't comparable to anything really. It was running a rebadged MMv1 (HPI F360C) with the traxxas older "castle" 2200kv motor. It was very jittery at lower speeds and a pain to get the torque curve right as I was unable to adjust the punch with the firmware I had. Also, the BEC was horribly weak in that esc. Even with a mild servo, the 2 fans would change pitch when I steered.

I've only run it twice with the max6 and it's very smooth and far more predictable. I have the punch set to 3, can't recall the other settings... reverse at 50%, I think the brake at 35 or 25%. Nice to not have to unplug the esc from the receiver to adjust it though. Just unplug the fan on the esc, plug in the program box and I can change what I want. That's one thing I never understood with castle... they are supposed to be the best of the best, but yet they can't figure out how to use the fan port for programming.

You can see the install of the max6 in my outcast here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/2019-christmas-haul.17076/

Videos of the erbev2 with the max6/2050kv in it here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-with-a-max6-blx2050-and-my-outcast-6s.16648/

This was it with the gearing up 1T on the pinion in the ERBEv2 I think:

Never had a max8, so I can't say. I haven't run the max6 in the outcast yet. I replaced it because I wanted to gear it up at least 1 tooth on the pinion and the blx185 would overheat on me at the grass bmx running 3.8" trenchers after about 13 minutes. Hoping the max6 allows me to gear it to 14T without overheating. I may have to try a lower kv motor, but will see how it does eventually when it warms up.

I have run the max6 with the blx 2050kv motor in my ERBEv2 and really like it compared to what I had, which isn't comparable to anything really. It was running a rebadged MMv1 (HPI F360C) with the traxxas older "castle" 2200kv motor. It was very jittery at lower speeds and a pain to get the torque curve right as I was unable to adjust the punch with the firmware I had. Also, the BEC was horribly weak in that esc. Even with a mild servo, the 2 fans would change pitch when I steered.

I've only run it twice with the max6 and it's very smooth and far more predictable. I have the punch set to 3, can't recall the other settings... reverse at 50%, I think the brake at 35 or 25%. Nice to not have to unplug the esc from the receiver to adjust it though. Just unplug the fan on the esc, plug in the program box and I can change what I want. That's one thing I never understood with castle... they are supposed to be the best of the best, but yet they can't figure out how to use the fan port for programming.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-with-a-max6-blx2050-and-my-outcast-6s.16648/

That grass hill area is pretty sweet

I just put my old blx185 in and I can really tell the truck is down on power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back