Mamba Monster X - Dodgy Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimbles

Certified unintentional RC destroyer
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hey chaps! Finally got my first run in with the mojave exb and mamba monster x. Good, soggy, muddy session with @Glenn75! However, issues with the castle esc - what do you reckon folks? Busted? Warranty time? As you can see, the switch seems to have stopped working!

Just chop it off and join the wires together, castle switch’s have been junk since the day dot
I have owned 3 Castle escs over the years, one is still bnib and the other 2 the switches died within the first week of use.

Thanks for confirming. This was literally its first outing!
Not sure why Castle hasn't found a different switch for these, you can find posts about bad switches across various forums going back at least 7-8 years.

If you have an old dead Hobbywing or Hobbywing rebrand just steal the switch off of that and wire it up to the Castle esc, you only need the positive and negative lead you can just snip off the signal wire, they are better switches anyway.

Not sure why Castle hasn't found a different switch for these, you can find posts about bad switches across various forums going back at least 7-8 years.

If you have an old dead Hobbywing or Hobbywing rebrand just steal the switch off of that and wire it up to the Castle esc, you only need the positive and negative lead you can just snip off the signal wire, they are better switches anyway.
Hobbywing it is. £6 off ebay. Done :)

Yeah the castle switches are so bad that I chopped the one off a brand new MMX8S before even powering it up for the first time.

Response from castle below for anyone interested.

Screenshot_20201209-213846_Gmail.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back