Typhon Mamba monster x mounting placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Which direction should I mount this or does it really matter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 104
Different rig but this is how I mounted mine.

4994CCC4-5EFC-42F3-B3D3-A8DAA0E76F84.jpeg

15T should fine but I think you can probably afford to bump up to at least a 17T. I run a 17T in mine with buggy tires and it it barely gets above 80F and that’s full speed passes 50-60 yards back to back to back. It’s cooler here and you’re running the 2.8’s but I don’t think you’ll have a problem either way.

Side note on the MMX though, take the tape off the bottom and clean with alcohol before taping it down. That sticker is really slick and tape doesn’t want to stick to it.

What type of tape is that you use

Ah, I can’t rememebr TBH, it’s a servo tape I bought from my LHS. Gorilla 2 sided works well to though. I also have a zip tie running over the heatsink and down under the ESC mounting plate.

Edit-
Here it is.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...MI-Y_FpPPc5wIVmJOzCh33HwhWEAQYASABEgK42PD_BwE

Last edited:
What type of tape is that you use
Personally, I really like VHB tape. It's super strong and a little flexible. It can be a little pricey but a roll goes a long way. It also releases clean and doesn't tear in half like foam tape... if you can get it to let go.

In a pinch you can go to an auto parts store and get the 3m side molding tape. That stuff is pretty strong as well.

Personally, I really like VHB tape. It's super strong and a little flexible. It can be a little pricey but a roll goes a long way. It also releases clean and doesn't tear in half like foam tape... if you can get it to let go.

In a pinch you can go to an auto parts store and get the 3m side molding tape. That stuff is pretty strong as well.
3m molding tape is all I use.

This is how I mounted my MM2.
20191020_221957.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back