Mamba Monster X w/1600kv or stock motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lifta1988

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just a curiosity. Im looking into upgrading the stock motor and ESC after the summer/fall season. (Something to do in the winter). I'm wondering do to the similarities between the BLX185 and HW Quicrun why not go for something different? So I've had some heat issues with the motor getting super toasty. And I'd like an idea more so of a jic thing. So would an MMX ESC and the stock motor be a good combo? And to drop the temp a bit a Leopard Hobby 1600kv possibly. Would these combos provide a decent result? Not too familiar with amp ratings and such. 150amp vs 120amp.....etc. Thank you!

Just a curiosity. Im looking into upgrading the stock motor and ESC after the summer/fall season. (Something to do in the winter). I'm wondering do to the similarities between the BLX185 and HW Quicrun why not go for something different? So I've had some heat issues with the motor getting super toasty. And I'd like an idea more so of a jic thing. So would an MMX ESC and the stock motor be a good combo? And to drop the temp a bit a Leopard Hobby 1600kv possibly. Would these combos provide a decent result? Not too familiar with amp ratings and such. 150amp vs 120amp.....etc. Thank you!

The MMX will give you more control, you can plug it into the computer via Castlelink and change all kinds of settings. In terms of heat, both the stock and MMX should manage to stay cool, the temp of the motor is from the motor itself and gearing.

Lower KV motors will let you run a higher pinion to achieve the same speed but run cooler. Lots of people run the Leopard 1740kv? (Something like that) and then you can keep temps lower. Personally I run the stock was with a Castle 2200kv for a little more speed with 16T pinion on grass without any problems. A lot of people run hot with the stock motor on 16t, so I think the castle motors run a little cooler than the arrma motors. Also, i don't usually run more than a 6s pack at time and in Michigan it has been in the 70-80 range so really not that hot out.

The MMX will give you more control, you can plug it into the computer via Castlelink and change all kinds of settings. In terms of heat, both the stock and MMX should manage to stay cool, the temp of the motor is from the motor itself and gearing.

Lower KV motors will let you run a higher pinion to achieve the same speed but run cooler. Lots of people run the Leopard 1740kv? (Something like that) and then you can keep temps lower. Personally I run the stock was with a Castle 2200kv for a little more speed with 16T pinion on grass without any problems. A lot of people run hot with the stock motor on 16t, so I think the castle motors run a little cooler than the arrma motors. Also, i don't usually run more than a 6s pack at time and in Michigan it has been in the 70-80 range so really not that hot out.
I here you on that. Mid 80s in MAN here. And humid. I just installed a castle motor fan. Going to be looking at a fan and heat sink. But it did work really good the other day. Haven't checked the actual temp but I could touch it without burning myself. It was about 75f outside. So much cooler than 85 and humid

I have MMX with the Nero 2000kv motor. Great combo. I mostly love all the tuning options of Castle ESC with the software. Running 13t pinion with Backflip tires and it will back flip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back