Typhon Mamba monster x with 1512 2650kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Joe

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
Whats all your thoughts for a Typhon 3s upgrade. A lot of cheddar so I need to be sure

Whats all your thoughts for a Typhon 3s upgrade. A lot of cheddar so I need to be sure
Too much weight and you’ll never be able to utilize all that power, and your drivetrain will hate you. You are way better off running a castle Mamba X or Mamba Max Pro with a 1415 motor, or a Chinese 3670 or 3674 motor. You really don’t want a 40mm motor on a 10th scale. It’s a lot more beneficial to stick with 36mm but go longer.

I don't know it's only 4mm in diameter bigger than the 4s kraton motor and they both share the same chassis.
I know it's probably more suited for the 6s. But what a beast it would be. Just think if HR got their act together and started shipping I could pick up a set of helical metal diffs and away we go

I don't know it's only 4mm in diameter bigger than the 4s kraton motor and they both share the same chassis.
I know it's probably more suited for the 6s. But what a beast it would be. Just think if HR got their act together and started shipping I could pick up a set of helical metal diffs and away we go
Believe me, 4mm diameter increase is a gigantic increase. It’s an 8th scale sized motor which adds a TON of weight. It’s way better to stick with a longer 10th scale can. I’m not stopping you from doing it, I’m just letting you know that’s how it goes. It’s not the “whoaaaa this is overpowered and awesome” type of overpowered. It’s more of a “well I can gear the nuts off of it and be steady with the throttle and I don’t snap a driveshaft every run, but the truck gained so much weight that if I take any jumps and land wrong I snap something” type of overpowered.

I run a Mamba X and the 1512 in my 1/10 Losi Rock Rey (on 3S). I ran a BLX185 in a Granite. People run the 4S electronics in the 3S trucks all the time. Honestly just save some money and out the 4S ESC/motor in.

Also, there isn't a single 6S Arrma that the 1512 motor would work in. Way too small, even for the Typhon 6S.

Last edited:
Just putting a 120blx and some mx28's on my son's 3s typhon turned it into a monster- on 3s (haven't run it on 4s yet). I second the motion to put a better esc in there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back