Mamba Monster X8s or Hobbywing Max5 ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your input. Finally figured it out. I don't need an ESC. All you need is a design that looks fast even if the car is standing still. It's pretty logical and a lot cheaper. Wish I would have known before. Even Arrma does it with the red Limitless V2. They could have told me that!

20230201_152929.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :p

Thanks for all your input. Finally figured it out. I don't need an ESC. All you need is a design that looks fast even if the car is standing still. It's pretty logical and a lot cheaper. Wish I would have known before. Even Arrma does it with the red Limitless V2. They could have told me that!

View attachment 274621

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :p
That looks fantastic and fast, even with no motor in it!

View attachment 274621

Amazing paint job

I agree with this. If you don't want to go xlx2 you should definitely go mmx8s over max 5 in my opinion. Personally I'd never even consider a max 6 in a street basher unless you don't zip around much. Though a max 5 would definitely fare better.

The max 6 in the wifey stretch typhon hardly ever thermals. The max 6 I had in my felony thermal so easily with my driving and gearing I put in an mmx8s and never thermal again 🤣

Xlx2 is worth the extra 50$ in a on road rig.
What cap pack do you suggest with your mmx8s. I have one and not getting another xlx2 until I need one and can afford more smoke.

What cap pack do you suggest with your mmx8s. I have one and not getting another xlx2 until I need one and can afford more smoke.
Honestly I've never used one even though people say you should. I always thought that only applied to people who are trying to seriously speed run with it.

Honestly I've never used one even though people say you should. I always thought that only applied to people who are trying to seriously speed run with it.
Great. Then it will get me by just fine for now. Starting out easy is my plan. Thanks!!

Interesting the Amps the XLX2 can take without the QS8 fitting in all the way. Wondering if I went into overkill with QS8, also on other rigs. Pretty expensive and probably not even necessary. And need quite some hammering to get them out of the socket. Some of Raz logs show over 600 Amps and the plugs don't even fit in all the way. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

20230208_142651.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back