Mamba X Amps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK for sure, you could ask Castle. I thought they were more forthcoming with specs..guess not.
What I did see was that both of the Castle recommended motors for that esc are only rated to 4s.. also the max recommended weight for the esc is 9lb. I'd have to say you're right on with 130a. What's curious is in which application is this esc suitable for 6s?

IDK for sure, you could ask Castle. I thought they were more forthcoming with specs..guess not.
What I did see was that both of the Castle recommended motors for that esc are only rated to 4s.. also the max recommended weight for the esc is 9lb. I'd have to say you're right on with 130a. What's curious is in which application is this esc suitable for 6s?
Combined with their 1515 2200kv motor, for running buggies MT's and truggies on 4-6S and up to 9lbs.
I run my mmx6s paired with the 1512 2650kv motor (for buggy and SCT) on 3S in my Slash. Which is plenty fast, although a bit over 9lbs. 4S is ridiculous.

Combined with their 1515 2200kv motor, for running buggies MT's and truggies on 4-6S and up to 9lbs.
I run my mmx6s paired with the 1512 2650kv motor (for buggy and SCT) on 3S in my Slash. Which is plenty fast, although a bit over 9lbs. 4S is ridiculous.
Ahh..okay, I see it now. Interesting that while on the page for the Mamba X (Castle's site), if you click the link for the 1515 2200kv motor, it actually takes you to the 1512 2650kv page,LOL.
That's why I wasn't seeing a Castle recommended "6s" rated motor..

I run a Max10 sct (120a) with a generic 3670 2600kv in my Tekno sct410, 20t pinion, she rips. I think @dure16 and I have had a discussion about it before? Anywho, @dure16 what ya lookin to use the Mamba X in?
Yeah we are SCT buddies! I have a Mamba X and Castle 1415 (3670) 2400kv motor in my SCT410.3. Running on 4S. It moves!

I'm thinking about a Mamba X for my ET410.2. I have a 3652 4300kv geared pretty high on 2S. Fast little truggy. The HW 10BL120 I have today handles it fine but it's not waterproof, and I hate being paranoid around water. I'm also curious about amp loads and detailed temp data as I gear the motor higher, and I can only see that with Castle data logging.

Yeah we are SCT buddies! I have a Mamba X and Castle 1415 (3670) 2400kv motor in my SCT410.3. Running on 4S. It moves!

I'm thinking about a Mamba X for my ET410.2. I have a 3652 4300kv geared pretty high on 2S. Fast little truggy. The HW 10BL120 I have today handles it fine but it's not waterproof, and I hate being paranoid around water. I'm also curious about amp loads and detailed temp data as I gear the motor higher, and I can only see that with Castle data logging.
HaHa! Yep, I though I remembered the discussion. Forgive me, I'm old,LOL. From what I know, which isn't much, the Mamba X should fill the bill perfectly for what you're looking for. Curious what does the Mamba X weigh in at? Likely only matter if you were looking to race it I suppose. In that case, you wouldn't be running 4s, or even 3 for that matter. I've seen some new stuff coming out of HW for 1/10 scale but haven't really looked into what's new.

The Mamba X is pretty small at 101 grams. Yeah HW launched a new Max10 series "G2" that is sensored. Still no detailed data logging though.

I'd say Castle or possibly Tekin if you want data logging. I've never gotten that deep in the tech end of rc's. I just wanna have fun, if it doesn't catch fire or lock up tight, it's good!!😜🤣🤣

Ahh..okay, I see it now. Interesting that while on the page for the Mamba X (Castle's site), if you click the link for the 1515 2200kv motor, it actually takes you to the 1512 2650kv page,LOL.
That's why I wasn't seeing a Castle recommended "6s" rated motor..
The Mamba X is a small ESC. Rated for 9lbs vehicles. The Mamba monster X 6S is rated for 15 lbs. Mamba X can barely handle a 1512 motor. It's usually paired with the 1415 2400kv motor. This was first upgrade combo. It's ok on 3S. Haven't tried 4S yet. I prefer the 1512 motor on 3S, but the MMX6S esc keeps loosening the wire harness. The Mamba X and MMX8S have similar designs (apart from size) and are trouble free up till now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back