Kraton Mamba X calibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojoekai

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Kraton EXB 6s, Castle 1515 220kv (sensored) motor and Mamba X ESC.
DX5 remote
I've tried to calibrate the ESC i doesn't recognize reverse.
Hold throttle, power ESC on. i hear a few beeps then push the throttle forward (supposed to do a few beeps to agree) and it just beeps constant and red light.

Reverse does work but when i turn on the remote i had to put throttle in reverse so i wanted to calibrate it to ESC, then i found out i can't get ESC to calibrate for some reason.
I've pushed calibrate on the Controller but not sure if that is just controller setting or it does do the ESC as well.

Second question,
for bashing what is everyone setting on the ESC
currently
Auto Lipo
0 drag
25 brake strength (read default was like 50)
0 punch
Reverse type (proportional rev lock out) not sure what this does
Motor type- brushless /smart
Motor timing- normal

i like it all except i barely tap forward and it almost front flips and want to calm that lock up of the brake throttle touchiness
That is why i was looking into pairing or lowering braking etc.

also any other pointers for making this a better basher (nothing crazy just kids parts and lil hills and trails)

Punch max
Brake strength max
Drag none to 10%
Brushless
And timing I wouldn’t mess with because it’s more for pro racing or speed running and if set up wrong can kill all your electronics
This is a normal setup for most bashers
Thank you for that.
Are those the ESC setting on teh field card?
Rgr, i'll change all of that on the field card
Drag to 10%
Brake Strength to 100
Punch Control to 100 (now 0)
Reverse type? options are Proportional rev. lockout, Proportional w/o revers, FWD to Brake and reverse

i know most people say just change things up and try them out, that's next :)

Thank you for that.
Are those the ESC setting on teh field card?
Rgr, i'll change all of that on the field card
Drag to 10%
Brake Strength to 100
Punch Control to 100 (now 0)
Reverse type? options are Proportional rev. lockout, Proportional w/o revers, FWD to Brake and reverse

i know most people say just change things up and try them out, that's next :)
Punch to 0, and use finger control. Why limit the potential of the car so much?

Punch to 0, and use finger control. Why limit the potential of the car so much?
ok for clarity.
on the field card from Castle.
Punch control 0 mean 100 throttle? or is punch control 0 mean 0 punch off the line?
Is it the level or limiter?

It is punch CONTROL.

So zero means it does not limit you, only your finger does.

Higher number on Castle ESC means it limits the throttle input with an exponential curve. I don't like that.

i'll drive it on both setting and see but i think it's Punch Control that limits the power. So 0 is the fasters.
Other ESC have punches to make them higher power but i think Castle is different.

Punch means more power when you pull the trigger
Yes, but Castle is opposite of other's. Spektrum and Hobbywing, the higher the number, the MORE punch. Castle, the LOWER the number is more punch.
i'll drive it on both setting and see but i think it's Punch Control that limits the power. So 0 is the fasters.
Other ESC have punches to make them higher power but i think Castle is different.
Correct. I have Spektrum ESC, Castle ESC, and Hobbywing ESC.

just tested...0 punch control on the Castle field card is 100 power....50% punch control ...sucked..haha
thanks everyone
gonna bash around this afternoon and see what else pops up in my head for questions

Found the fix after contacting Castle.
in the Castle Link, i needed to swtich the motor rotation and now pushing forward it's slow and braking nicely.
he pointed out that if you pull the throttle and the ESC isn't blinking green but red (green in forward, red is reverse, yellow natural) then the ESC thinks it's reverse and not as smooth.
Plugged the ESC and Field card into my PC, updated some stuff and set rotation to reverse.....perfect now!!! yeyy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back