Kraton Man I love this thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I’ve got 8s rigs, and other 4s rigs, but my Kraton 4s V2 seems to get the most runtime as of late. I think it’s just the simplicity, the size, and kinda getting back to my roots as far as the hobby goes. It’s quick, it’s dependable, and it’s tough (I have the M2C chassis brace). It’s quickly becoming my favorite. Anybody else favor these things over more expensive, “better” rigs?

I do not care for the 3s rigs , did not like the V1 4s , but the new V2 line is a huge improvement, would have bought one to try , but then the crazy sale on the FT made buy one of those instead . Maybe next year I’ll try a K4S . Congrats, keep us posted on how it goes for you !

I do not care for the 3s rigs , did not like the V1 4s , but the new V2 line is a huge improvement, would have bought one to try , but then the crazy sale on the FT made buy one of those instead . Maybe next year I’ll try a K4S . Congrats, keep us posted on how it goes for you !
I went crazy on the FT sale too. I got one of each color.😂🤣😂🤣. Next step tear one apart and rebuild.
I hear alot of hood things about the 4S I almost got my son one but gave him one of my rigs instead.

I don't have one regrettably.. but I can see it being perfect for all-round shenanigans! I run several 1/8 6s rated rigs on 4s..just works for me. I can imagine how much more "spirited" they are being quite a bit lighter than a 6s rig.
I do have a Tekno mt410 that I swapped everything over to an ET48 chassis..super light, rips with a TC motor/esc combo on 4s. But the price of Tekno.. not easy on the wallet,LOL.
Who knows, maybe this time next year they'll be blowing them out the door for $249.99?! Who would've thought the FT would be selling for $399.99? Gotta have hope!!😉

And then I couldn’t pass on the K8S EXB for $489 ! Lol
HaHa!! I hear ya!! Same for the FT on sale..kinda glad I don't have the means TBH. They're both great (FT and K8), but I already have representatives of both segments.. a v2 4s Kraton would fit right into my motley lineup!!😁
Now I just have to be patient and wait for next years "fire sale"😜🤣🤣

I'm having a great time with my K4V2 as well. It's my first Arrma and I'd like to get into more, but anything 6S+ is just too big for me to run around here. I'm hoping for a 4S Infraction at some point, that'd be dope. Plus then I can share all the batteries between them, and from what I understand the 3S lineup is a little light in the drivetrain.

It's a great car though (the Kraton), it feels like a featherweight vehicle, especially when sending it off high jumps. It doesn't land with a deep *THUD* like other cars, but a comparably light landing. I imagine it's because the weight is already low, and the stance is so wide, that it distributes all that weight fairly evenly and thus, absorbs shock quite well without straining things too much. Heck even my Rustler 4x4 sounds like a full scale car being dropped 100 feet from a crane when it lands, due to all the weight being in a much tighter stance!

I'm having a great time with my K4V2 as well. It's my first Arrma and I'd like to get into more, but anything 6S+ is just too big for me to run around here. I'm hoping for a 4S Infraction at some point, that'd be dope. Plus then I can share all the batteries between them, and from what I understand the 3S lineup is a little light in the drivetrain.

It's a great car though (the Kraton), it feels like a featherweight vehicle, especially when sending it off high jumps. It doesn't land with a deep *THUD* like other cars, but a comparably light landing. I imagine it's because the weight is already low, and the stance is so wide, that it distributes all that weight fairly evenly and thus, absorbs shock quite well without straining things too much. Heck even my Rustler 4x4 sounds like a full scale car being dropped 100 feet from a crane when it lands, due to all the weight being in a much tighter stance!
I agree with your assessment.. I have a TRX Hoss that serves as my 1/10 3s "beater".. it's fun, and a great truck overall, but needs to be used in it's element. It's just a bit too small and light for where I run. I know Arrma has labeled the v2 4s as "1/10 scale", but it's by all means a 1/8 IMO. TRX has the Maxx, but it handles like the MT that it is which is great if that's your thing. I prefer the handling of an lcg truggy myself. The Hoss was a couldn't pass it up deal @$200 from my brother. Otherwise, I'd never buy it at what TRX is charging for it! LOL

I agree with your assessment.. I have a TRX Hoss that serves as my 1/10 3s "beater".. it's fun, and a great truck overall, but needs to be used in it's element. It's just a bit too small and light for where I run. I know Arrma has labeled the v2 4s as "1/10 scale", but it's by all means a 1/8 IMO. TRX has the Maxx, but it handles like the MT that it is which is great if that's your thing. I prefer the handling of an lcg truggy myself. The Hoss was a couldn't pass it up deal @$200 from my brother. Otherwise, I'd never buy it at what TRX is charging for it! LOL

>Arrma has labeled the v2 4s as "1/10 scale", but it's by all means a 1/8
No doubt about that! I couldn't believe the thing when I got it, I thought it was a little big but it's massive (especially when your biggest car is/was a Rustler). Definitely taking some liberties calling it 1/10th scale but the bigger size is what makes it capable.

I was all about a Traxxas Maxx until the K4 was announced, and as soon as I saw it (and the fact that it was $100 CHEAPER than the Maxx) I knew I had to have it. I don't particularly care for monster trucks myself and while the Maxx is undoubtedly proven to be tough, I like that nice buggy/truggy low seat/big tire style that just glides over rough terrain. And that's what I find myself doing with the Kraton most of the time - blasting at high speeds through rough terrain. And it takes it like a champ, floats over everything.

>Arrma has labeled the v2 4s as "1/10 scale", but it's by all means a 1/8
No doubt about that! I couldn't believe the thing when I got it, I thought it was a little big but it's massive (especially when your biggest car is/was a Rustler). Definitely taking some liberties calling it 1/10th scale but the bigger size is what makes it capable.

I was all about a Traxxas Maxx until the K4 was announced, and as soon as I saw it (and the fact that it was $100 CHEAPER than the Maxx) I knew I had to have it. I don't particularly care for monster trucks myself and while the Maxx is undoubtedly proven to be tough, I like that nice buggy/truggy low seat/big tire style that just glides over rough terrain. And that's what I find myself doing with the Kraton most of the time - blasting at high speeds through rough terrain. And it takes it like a champ, floats over everything.
Yep, totally different animals are the Maxx and Kraton 4s, just as the Xmaxx and K8s.. I have the Xmaxx and it's great,but it is an MT and drives like one. I think it handles well, but if ever I'm in the market for another 8s, it'll be the K8 for sure. I like the XRT, but would still choose the K8, just me.
The v2 4s Arrma's are about as much a 1/10 scale as an E Revo 2.0.. not even close IMO. I don't care what scale they're using honestly. I definitely want a v2 K4!!!😁😉

You need one. It’s an absolute blast. So nimble.
Not till next year!!! 😬🤣🤣 ..must resist😬😬😀
BTW, ain't you got a Corally that needs some attention? 🤣🤣🍻
No disrespect to the K4, but just wait till you pull the trigger with that TC on 6s!! Yahoo!! Even 4s is pretty mind boggling IMO.. but when used to the K4s, maybe not? You'll have to let us know👍

Last edited:
I’ve got 8s rigs, and other 4s rigs, but my Kraton 4s V2 seems to get the most runtime as of late. I think it’s just the simplicity, the size, and kinda getting back to my roots as far as the hobby goes. It’s quick, it’s dependable, and it’s tough (I have the M2C chassis brace). It’s quickly becoming my favorite. Anybody else favor these things over more expensive, “better” rigs?
Love the V2 4s rigs. They are quick and nimble, a blast to drive.

They also get the most runtime out of my rigs.

Have to say though - my newest rig - Losi LMT is also getting lot of runtime now. That thing is so much fun. So different to drive then my other rigs.

Love the V2 4s rigs. They are quick and nimble, a blast to drive.

They also get the most runtime out of my rigs.

Have to say though - my newest rig - Losi LMT is also getting lot of runtime now. That thing is so much fun. So different to drive then my other rigs.
Oh, I forgot to check back on ur build thread, thanks for re-minding me! LOL, glad ur enjoying the LMT!!👌😁

I have one and I feel the same about it. I have all the 6s trucks but am favoring this 4s kraton at the moment. I put the M2c brace and Vitavon hubs on mine and it really runs great! Put the new Max8 G2 esc with 2500 kv sensored system in too. Great Truck!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back