Marker Trick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branson_Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I just wanted to share a cool trick I got from youtube.

You can use colored markers to test drive a paint job before committing to it. While the protective film is still on the outside of the body you can draw/paint on it and it'll wipe right off with alcohol.

I tried out a few different ideas tonight and I'm glad I did. I only changed little details but I like my final "test run" much better than my original idea.

20200325_042507~3.jpg

Looks good enough to run as is.:ROFLMAO:
I like the color picks also.(y)

I could tell everyone I let the neighbors kid color it with markers. :cool:

It's going to be a pretty loud paint job, I figure a monster truck is supposed to be kind of wild and bright. We'll see how it turns out when my paints get here.

You can do this same thing to draw designs on the body to see how they look too.

I remember 30+years ago painting my first bodies, I would use markers on the outside body to draw flames as a guide for masking the inside. But bodies back then had no plastic wrap. I would spend much time using alcohol and plastic polish to get the marker lines off. Todays bodies all come with plastic wrap. (y):cool:

Reminds me of my beater Jeep Cherokee I drove in my 20s that had like 3 different colors because it had a lot of junkyard body panel replacements lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back