Markhor carbon fiber chassis brace experiences??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kracer74

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I’m considering buying the Markhor tower to tower carbon fiber chassis brace. It looks really nice and eliminates the need for replacing the steering plate as well which makes good sense to me. For those who push the limits of bashing, is this a great upgrade or do you feel there are stronger and more effective options?

I just ordered one. I have Hot Racing braces on my Typhon and can see flex when I give it a little squeeze front and back. I’m looking forward to the testing I’ll give it. My only concern is the lack of a cover on the center diff gear. Looks like a wire shredder, lol.

I just ordered one. I have Hot Racing braces on my Typhon and can see flex when I give it a little squeeze front and back. I’m looking forward to the testing I’ll give it. My only concern is the lack of a cover on the center diff gear. Looks like a wire shredder, lol.

I was able to use a cover on the center diff with the top plate.

As far as the top plate itself, they are extremely well made and stiff. My only complaint was that they limited access to certain areas of the truck. You would have to remove it which is not a 1,2,3 thing to do.

Removing the wing mount and top plate for anything under the hood was the only thing that held me off on my purchase till now. I can live with it.

That's it in a nutshell. The first handfull of times you have to do it it really sucks. Then it becomes second nature. The other issue is the top plate doesn't play well with Voltage Hobbies chassis braces. You need to do a little dremel work to make them fit. Once you get the top place over the braces (which have to be loose), tightening the VH braces can be a real pain. Unlike the HR braces, you have to hold a nut in order to tighten the braces down. What I figured out is it is easier to jam a flathead screwdriver in between the nut and the brace to hold it in place while you tighten the screw. It takes a little practice but then it becomes fairly easy.

Overall it looks like the cleanest looking and a very intelligent way to stiffen the crap out of a chassis. It is like box beam in construction. Sure you can go thicker on the chassis plate but this can stout up the deal structurally in a more weight saving way. Can’t wait.

I’m about 85% on purchasing this. I’m Ok with limited access if it saves time and money from major future repairs. I also don’t mind access issues if it can help me get through run sessions with less failures. Does it make the car too rigid? Am I wrong or is a little flex OK, since too stiff can break other parts down the line? I know that’s a relative question. Haha

On a really hard hit there is a good chance you will break the front and/or rear diff bulkhead where it attaches.

On a really hard hit there is a good chance you will break the front and/or rear diff bulkhead where it attaches.
Do you feel the HR diff bulkheads are worth the investment and work to change? I just ordered the Markhor brace.

The HR bulkheads are a good investment no matter what. How much damage will be caused due to the Markhor brace is relative. Without a brace, the flex in the chassis during hard landings, will cause damage X. With any type of brace, there's potential for damage Y. In the equation X vs. Y, Y is going to hold up better, unless you hit something head on at full speed. Probably doesn't help you that much, but you've already taken the step to fortify the bulkheads, so the equation now leads more in your favor.

Do you feel the HR diff bulkheads are worth the investment and work to change? I just ordered the Markhor brace.

I'd run the top plate with the stock bulkheads and if they break, replace with HR.

I just finished fitting a Markhor top plate on my Talion. I just got an m2c racing chassis installed and a few other upgrades, can't wait to get it out and test it tomorrow.

I removed my Markhor top plates when I switched the the M2C. I figured there was so need and it made maintenance a pain in the ass.

I removed my Markhor top plates when I switched the the M2C. I figured there was so need and it made maintenance a pain in the ass.
I ordered it before the chassis so it is probably overkill, but I'll run it for a bit, at least I shouldn't bend any driveshafts(driveline). I really can't wait to drive it now it's all straight again.

I ordered it before the chassis so it is probably overkill, but I'll run it for a bit, at least I shouldn't bend any driveshafts(driveline). I really can't wait to drive it now it's all straight again.
It will track and jump so much better. I'm looking forward to the video!

The other issue is the top plate doesn't play well with Voltage Hobbies chassis braces. You need to do a little dremel work to make them fit. Once you get the top place over the braces (which have to be loose), tightening the VH braces can be a real pain.

I didn't have issue with Voltage hobbies chassis brace. They surely enlarged the hole, no need to dremel anything for the voltage chassis brace, direct fit. But i sanded the upper deck a little bit for the stock BLX185 ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back