Kraton Max 5 800 kv Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briguy1972

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 8s
Finally got my new electronics in my K8 👍

image.jpg

Nice rig mine is similar how are you liking the extreme power and almost invincible feeling driving it. Ready to launch.

Im running 39 limmitless spool with a 34 Saga Mod 1 pinion. 1mil frint half earplyg 20 nil center and 500K rear with 35 wiegh bladderles shock oil. Seems super plush when I hit send it ramp What gearing did you go with?

Im running 39 limmitless spool with a 34 Saga Mod 1 pinion. 1mil frint half earplyg 20 nil center and 500K rear with 35 wiegh bladderles shock oil. Seems super plush when I hit send it ramp What gearing did you go with?
How are your motor temps with the 39t spool
34t pinion? I have a 39t spur 39t pinion, thats what I was going to start with. I do have a 34 t pinion aswell.

I run the heck out of it it cool right now and ill put 2 packs through it and its never to hot to touch. We will see this summer I have an NTF fan set up for when it gets warmer.have not installed yet.
I also was going to try the 1 to 1 combo. Do you have heat priblems or cogging with that set?
Right now Im running the zeee 9200 mah 100c i like them because they last and so far so goo d.

Had a blast yesterday hobbywing 800kv motor was a beast, ran 39t 1.1 ratio, and 39t spur 34t pinion. prefered the 39t 1.1
ordered a HobbyStar 56112 980KV to try out. Hope Im not shooting myself in the foot..

I have the 980kv seems to get to speed quicker. The torque of the 800 is just rediculous. Now Im going to have to go 1 to 1. Thanks for post. Cant go wrong with the 980 either.

Had a blast yesterday hobbywing 800kv motor was a beast, ran 39t 1.1 ratio, and 39t spur 34t pinion. prefered the 39t 1.1
ordered a HobbyStar 56112 980KV to try out. Hope Im not shooting myself in the foot..
I have this exact setup........alas, I haven’t run it yet, Im afraid of snow :(

cheers,
kev

I had just purchased the 8s. I am going to be replacing the EFC with the max 5. I am still contemplating on which motor to go with. Which motor mount are you guys using.

What motor is a good option for the 8S. I was considering the 1100 KV motor. But I see a lot of guys are using the 980 KV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 56
They seem to be out of stock, I have a NIB hobbystar 980kv if you are interested
Their website said it was out of stock but I placed my order and I sent him a message and he sent out one. I am interested in the motor. I’m assuming it is new.
RC Juice

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...ole-brushless-sensorless-motor-1-5-scale.html

Love PPS-RC! Wish they made the whole mount for the 8s rigs! 🤷‍♂️
Thanks again appreciate it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back