Kraton MAX 5 install tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2015GTRBE

Patrick Bateman ?
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Talion
Like Bicketybam has done, it is a good idea to screw the ESC to the top plate of the receiver box along with the provided 3M mounting tape. This may not be straight forward for some of you, so I figured I’d give some tips. I wish I took photos to document, but I can give you a clear description.

Step 1. Look under the ESC to locate the screw holes. You will have to provide your own screws, I believe a 3mm metric screw is what I used (3 in total).

Step 2. Use a piece of clear lexan with a sharpie to trace the hole locations under the ESC to mimic on the receiver mounting plate. It’s a good idea to trace the entire ESC outer dimensions to have a better idea of where to place the ESC.

Step 3. Drill and cut the lexan stencil and place on the ESC mounting plate. You will notice the stock Spektrum ESC has (4) mounting holes built in. The new MAX 5 will fit in between these, however these are a good marker to check if your placing the new ESC straight.

Step 4. Place the Lexan stencil over the receiver mounting plate and tape the edges down. Drill the holes into the receiver plate once you are happy with the location.

Step 5. Take the 3M double sided tape provided with the new ESC and cut it to be about 10mm more narrow. Remove one side of the tape and mount to the new ESC once you wipe it down with alcohol. Press firm on the tape and then remove the other side.

Step 6. Get 3 screws ready (you most likely won’t be able to get 4 in there due to the dimensions... you will see) and find the holes in the ESC prior to pressing down the tape. You want everything lined up perfectly before you screw the ESC down.

That’s it... done. Very easy job, but the use of lexan really helps to get your holes right.

Attachments

• 59092827-D3DD-4CB4-98D1-196FC4848108.jpeg
    59092827-D3DD-4CB4-98D1-196FC4848108.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 667CC085-5F9F-4D0D-9DDC-3E80930E6DB5.jpeg
    667CC085-5F9F-4D0D-9DDC-3E80930E6DB5.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 135
  • E5BE9F3F-6867-44D2-8F6C-D32C7DB23733.jpeg
    E5BE9F3F-6867-44D2-8F6C-D32C7DB23733.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 146
Like Bicketybam has done, it is a good idea to screw the ESC to the top plate of the receiver box along with the provided 3M mounting tape. This may not be straight forward for some of you, so I figured I’d give some tips. I wish I took photos to document, but I can give you a clear description.

Step 1. Look under the ESC to locate the screw holes. You will have to provide your own screws, I believe a 3mm metric screw is what I used (3 in total).

Step 2. Use a piece of clear lexan with a sharpie to trace the hole locations under the ESC to mimic on the receiver mounting plate. It’s a good idea to trace the entire ESC outer dimensions to have a better idea of where to place the ESC.

Step 3. Drill and cut the lexan stencil and place on the ESC mounting plate. You will notice the stock Spektrum ESC has (4) mounting holes built in. The new MAX 5 will fit in between these, however these are a good marker to check if your placing the new ESC straight.

Step 4. Place the Lexan stencil over the receiver mounting plate and tape the edges down. Drill the holes into the receiver plate once you are happy with the location.

Step 5. Take the 3M double sided tape provided with the new ESC and cut it to be about 10mm more narrow. Remove one side of the tape and mount to the new ESC once you wipe it down with alcohol. Press firm on the tape and then remove the other side.

Step 6. Get 3 screws ready (you most likely won’t be able to get 4 in there due to the dimensions... you will see) and find the holes in the ESC prior to pressing down the tape. You want everything lined up perfectly before you screw the ESC down.

That’s it... done. Very easy job, but the use of lexan really helps to get your holes right.

Legend, had been wondering how the mounting of my max 5 would go! Thanks heaps for the insight.
You could also photocopy the base of the esc to get the holes location and transfer to receiver lid to get the exact location. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back