Max 5 not enough for the k8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomos319

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Well, my max5 went up in smoke quickly after trying to run a tp power 5850 990kv. It ran great yesterday, or so I thought. Did not even make it to the end of the driveway this morning when it suddenly quit. Was using a 37t. This is a new esc as well. I have had bad luck with max5s in my xmaxx so I doubt they will be much help as this would be my third replacement

I have a hobbywing 1100 on my bench and I could use that with a new max5 and the same gearing. I would sell the tp power. Or is there another esc that I should consider? Was thinking about a ztw 300a beast pro but it is huge; seems like overkill; and is expensive.

Well, my max5 went up in smoke quickly after trying to run a tp power 5850 990kv. It ran great yesterday, or so I thought. Did not even make it to the end of the driveway this morning when it suddenly quit. Was using a 37t. This is a new esc as well. I have had bad luck with max5s in my xmaxx so I doubt they will be much help as this would be my third replacement

I have a hobbywing 1100 on my bench and I could use that with a new max5 and the same gearing. I would sell the tp power. Or is there another esc that I should consider? Was thinking about a ztw 300a beast pro but it is huge; seems like overkill; and is expensive.
How about the new MMX 8S?

I just ordered one of those MMX 8s threw Castle directly, trying to get on the back order list earlier then later. I was having issues with my Max5 esc cutting out on me trying to do some speed runs yesterday, only on 6s. ? I'm wondering if the batteries or the motor it is pushing had anything to do with it, HW4274 2200kv. From the research of it though, just seems like it is not an ESC for that setup. If it helps with any decisions! ?‍♂️ Really surprised yours dumped on ya, specially on your setup you stated, just doesn't seem at that all demanding.

Main Castle site doesn't state a restock date, though Amain type sites are saying like March 12th for their restock.

I preordered from HH.

I just got wacked at HH too... :LOL: F it..

I have the 300 in mine now, click my build thread. Takes a little Dremel-ing but it fits like a glove after.

I just got wacked at HH too... :LOL: F it..

I have the 300 in mine now, click my build thread. Takes a little Dremel-ing but it fits like a glove after.
I might consider it. Has the ZTW been reliable? A bit pricey for me if it would only last a few runs. Looks like it would run the TP 990kv nicely.

Hmm, I would probably have to sell the TP Power motor unless this ESC is rated higher to 200A. Motor pulls 210a max amps.

I might consider it. Has the ZTW been reliable? A bit pricey for me if it would only last a few runs. Looks like it would run the TP 990kv nicely.

Hmm, I would probably have to sell the TP Power motor unless this ESC is rated higher to 200A. Motor pulls 210a max amps.
The V2 of them ZTW is supposedly less flammable.

Guys that got them early are seeing peaks of 300+amps on the data logs under high load conditions so even tho it still very early with this unit all indicators point to a very potent ESC in a compact (think Max6 footprint) package

Guys that got them early are seeing peaks of 300+amps on the data logs under high load conditions so even tho it still very early with this unit all indicators point to a very potent ESC in a compact (think Max6 footprint) package
If so, that may be the way to go. Don't need 300a but do need a bit more than 200. May get one for the xmaxx as well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back