Kraton Max 6 4985 1650kv motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suthers

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Just got a Max 6 combo to go into my kraton exb, can anyone recommend a good heatsink/cooling fan setup for the motor?

Just got a Max 6 combo to go into my kraton exb, can anyone recommend a good heatsink/cooling fan setup for the motor?
Kraton 8S heatsink and fan should work with a minor amount of modifications. There is also the Hobbywing C4 that might be able to stretch to fit.

Kraton 8S heatsink and fan should work with a minor amount of modifications. There is also the Hobbywing C4 that might be able to stretch to fit.
that makes sense!!! exact same size motor, any idea what size fan they take?

that makes sense!!! exact same size motor, any idea what size fan they take?
I believe both are 50mm fans. You can easily adapt them to dual 40mm if needed.

I also picked up a Max6... motor diameter is 49 mm,C4 says it fits 44 mm. For suthers sake and mine,am I missing something?

Last edited:
I also picked up a Max6... motor diameter is 49 mm,C4 says it fits 44 mm. For suthers sake and mine,am I missing something?

It fits the 49mm can with some persuasion...

16E9F79D-964C-43DC-BC1A-165374FBE3CE.jpeg

Never mind the fan cover/guard.. ?

C4 will fill with a lot of stretching but I don't recommend it. Because you have to open it so much you lose almost all contact with the motor. Wont help cooling at all. Might even make it worse.

i have one of these spare, how does it fit around the pin that sticks out with the body clip on the end? did you have modify the heatsink?
The fins had to be ground down a bit, I also had to trim the end off the cage so that the pin could be inserted at an angle instead of vertical. See pic’s to understand better.
74652CFB-DE8B-4597-91A2-5173075AA9C3.jpeg
47784347-253A-4BD9-9CC1-8423A2779440.jpeg

As for fans
Don’t waste you’re money on expensive pre built fans..you can get better performance than the expensive fan systems people are selling by buying one of these

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/9hv0412p3k001/sanyo-denki

If you’re ordering from Alza grab a carbon 40mm cover or an aluminum one and you’ll be good

thats exactly what i've been hoping someone makes but i've never seen it!!! Where can i get one????
Found it!!! much appreciated going to order it now!

I'm just a bit of an idiot with a HW 4985 and am in search of a heat sink and/or fan mounting solution that doesn't seem to exist. I don't want to be "massaging" or "persuading" anything either. Is this the ticket for a ~50mm motor? Now just need to wait until those lolligagging Euros enable ordering in the new year again... Cheers

Last edited:
Why not this? I realize it doesn’t have a heat sink, do you really need one tho?

https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/uni...g-base.html?search_query=Fan+mount&results=54

Thank-you Sir. That's what I linked to above so I appreciate the confirmation! This seems like the only graceful solution to put a fan or two on these motors. Surprised HW doesn't do something about it...

Or you could go without heatsink with mount from alza.

Thanks very much for posting, you're my hero today. ;)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back