Limitless MAX 6 and still nothing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
My previous thread was addressing my ESC cutting out with stock gearing (BLX 185 esc and 2050KV motor) so i went and bought a MAX 6 thinking I was good because its rated up to 8S and it still cuts out at around 95-100 MPH. What Can I do to SOLVE this issue. Im tempted to run it on 8S.

I don't speed run so I'll be stabbing in the dark here...

But I would try running two 6S packs in parallel first. You can try soldering a cap pack on to the ESC wire instead. You can even try disabling LVC and use lipo voltage alarms, although they'll probably be a PITA to use as they usually sound when there's cell voltage sag (very often), not just for LVC

Last edited:
If the car is asking for "X" amount of power to go 95mph.
This value "X" lets say is 4,500 watts.

Volts * Amps = watts

6s scenario (voltage sag down to 20v)
4500watts / 20v = 225 amps

8s scenario (voltage sag down to 26v)
4500watts / 26v = 173 amps

We know that HobbyWing ESCs hit amperage limiting. So running 8s as seen in the math above will reduce the amperage for the same power level. You will still need to work on slowly applying the throttle as that can increase the amperage load. Even on 8s the HW Max6 and Max5 choke around 110 to 119mph as far as I have seen.

In the end if you want to go really fast the Castle Creations high end ESCs do not have amp limiting. This would be the MMX8s or XLX2 ESCs.

Codes? Not that i know of. It cuts out and if i re-apply throttle it works again. I just wanted an ESC that could fit in place of the stock one that will work and not cut out. This thing has been a nightmare since ive had it.

My previous thread was addressing my ESC cutting out with stock gearing (BLX 185 esc and 2050KV motor) so i went and bought a MAX 6 thinking I was good because its rated up to 8S and it still cuts out at around 95-100 MPH. What Can I do to SOLVE this issue. Im tempted to run it on 8S.
That's really good for that setup.

Sorry guys I haven't tended to this post i found out me and my wife are expecting a future RC driver in December! Anyways, will the 2050KV arrma motor stand up to 8S? Also the MMX8S fits in place of the stock ESC?

No, it won't last long on 8S. Maybe a couple speed runs but then it's ruined. You are exceeding the max RPM of ~40k on 8S (~60k) and that will kill it.

No, it won't last long on 8S. Maybe a couple speed runs but then it's ruined. You are exceeding the max RPM of ~40k on 8S (~60k) and that will kill it.
The RPM the motor "sees" would depend on the gearing and if the car retains traction. It is also worth noting that the motor is actually a 1915 KV if you put it on a motor tester.

I have been 130 mph with the stock blx 2050kv motor and Kenny Melanko had done several 140+ mph passes with it.

Sorry guys I haven't tended to this post i found out me and my wife are expecting a future RC driver in December! Anyways, will the 2050KV arrma motor stand up to 8S? Also the MMX8S fits in place of the stock ESC?
For speed runs, the worst part of the 2050kv motor from my experience was the motor wire bullets. I would solder on the bullets that come with the MMX8S. As always with speed runs, check temps after each pass. But you should easily get past 100mph with that motor and the MMX8S.

For speed runs, the worst part of the 2050kv motor from my experience was the motor wire bullets. I would solder on the bullets that come with the MMX8S. As always with speed runs, check temps after each pass. But you should easily get past 100mph with that motor and the MMX8S.
As Jon mentioned the bullets can come un-soldered. Along these lines it is ideal to use low lead solder for these connectors to avoid any problems.
I ran the original bullets on 8s to 119 and 130mph with the MMX8s, but it was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

Ok guys so i took everything you said into consideration and I think the best route for me to go would be the castle 1717-1650KV motor with the mamba monster x 8S. It should aolve the issues of cutting out and it will surpass 100MPH on stock gearing from what I see AND i can fit both in stock location. Thoughts on this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back