Max 6/hex 6 fan upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could find a shroud from the Dynamite Fuze whatever that's in the Super Rock Rey I would be all set. That fan is still going and I've beat that truck like a red headed step child.

Its not epoxied to the fan blade itself.

Its epoxied to the bottom of the fan motor housing. Its sitting on top of the heat sink supporting the bottom of the fan motor.

Looking at it a little closer I see that now. ??

I think supporting the center of the fan is what does the trick. My first Hex 6 has taken some nasty landings and a bunch of packs. The fan is still spinning without any issues.

I wanted to come up with another solution for others that don't have access to a bandsaw/hacksaw or just don't want to cut down the heat sink. It also had to be cost effective.

Brand new Hex 6 just taken out of the box, and I take it apart. Thats what normal people do, right?
View attachment 40136
View attachment 40137

So now the solution to find something the correct height to support the center of the fan, and it comes with your ARRMA (if you bought it brand new).
View attachment 40139
Yep. A shock piston. Its the perfect height. I epoxied it to the bottom of the stock fan.

I think hot glue can work also, the temperature ranges seem to be ok (221 for ESC thermal, and low point hot glue is at 248). If you glue the piston to the bottom of the fan I think it should be ok, it wont be in direct contact with the heat sink and it will still have air flowing over it.

View attachment 40141
And reassemble.

View attachment 40142View attachment 40143

I'll be testing this out pretty hard this weekend for durability. But here is a possible solution to stop breaking fans on Max6/Hex6 ESCs and on this one you can keep the stock fan and shroud.
How is the shock piston trick working out over time? Went through my third fan on a week old max6 already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back