Max 6/Hex 6 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Mc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello guys. The other day I was bashing my savage flux with Max 6/Leopard combo/. After a 10 foot high jump or so, I landed on all 4's, had steering, but lost all throttle/reverse. I turned the esc off and on again multiple times and there were still no beeps to indicate the number of Lipo cells. Then today, the same thing happened but with my Hex 6. I believe the switches are bad on both esc's now since the set button, LED and beeping are unresponsive. I have read on forums that you can short circuit the wires running from the switch box to esc to get it to work correctly again, but I don't want to do this without knowing if it will work correctly. Also I don't want to do something that would not allow me to get a replacement from HW/Hexfly since I have not had both units for very long. Also there are 4 wires running from the box to esc, 2 red, a black and a white wire.

I have a Max10 sct in my Outcast 4s that has taken much more abuse and have had zero problems. I like how HW's run but I am tired of having electrical problems in my savage. I am developing doubts about HW's quality with the bigger scale stuff.

Thanks

Even Tekin and Castle have their fair share of ESC problems. Sometimes its a mixed bag even though you pay a little more.

Even Tekin and Castle have their fair share of ESC problems. Sometimes its a mixed bag even though you pay a little more.
Right? I haven't been able to get a Castle power switch to last more than a week before it craps out.

Yea, tonight the Hex6 actually regained LED and button function. I reset it, moved the switch to a better location and ran the truck around for a little bit with no issues. Will see if it lasts when I'm bashing tomorrow... Hopefully it holds up.

Yea, tonight the Hex6 actually regained LED and button function. I reset it, moved the switch to a better location and ran the truck around for a little bit with no issues. Will see if it lasts when I'm bashing tomorrow... Hopefully it holds up.
That's good news.

I've mounted both of my max6 switches so they are perpendicular to the chassis. Hoping that avoids water standing in them and flat landing impacts from doing anything goofy with them.

With the BLX185 switch on my outcast, on occasion it would turn itself off on a hard rear landing or when hitting a jump at an unruly speed.

Outcast:
2019-1225-Outcast-Max6-NoSkirtHigh.jpg

ERBEv2:
2019-1207-ERBEv2-max6-Rear.jpg

I've mounted both of my max6 switches so they are perpendicular to the chassis. Hoping that avoids water standing in them and flat landing impacts from doing anything goofy with them.

With the BLX185 switch on my outcast, on occasion it would turn itself off on a hard rear landing or when hitting a jump at an unruly speed.

Outcast:
2019-1225-Outcast-Max6-NoSkirtHigh.jpg

ERBEv2:
2019-1207-ERBEv2-max6-Rear.jpg
Yea, I actually had the switch the exact same way you had it when it went out today! I thought too that having it that way would also minimize the violence taken from impacts... After I was able to reset it, I just put it on the chassis hoping that the problem would be eliminated. No troubles so far in a test run in the street and some curb jumps, but we’ll see how it holds up.
Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back