Max 8 cap pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
the max 8 esc comes with a cap pack who is optional to install. My hobbyshop is telling me they have to install it to keep the warranty. I made a cap pack in the pass for my kraton exb they were 1000uf 50v panasonic caps. They were the size of my thumb, but idk if i went overkill on those. I never had a hobbywing esc, i always had the stock ones(i know they are made by hobbywing but at a lower cost). I went overkill on my kraton exb blx esc because i had cogging issues on 15t. The cap took care of it. I was looking also into the 6s corally esc’s are they rebranded max 8?

the max 8 esc comes with a cap pack who is optional to install. My hobbyshop is telling me they have to install it to keep the warranty. I made a cap pack in the pass for my kraton exb they were 1000uf 50v panasonic caps. They were the size of my thumb, but idk if i went overkill on those. I never had a hobbywing esc, i always had the stock ones(i know they are made by hobbywing but at a lower cost). I went overkill on my kraton exb blx esc because i had cogging issues on 15t. The cap took care of it. I was looking also into the 6s corally esc’s are they rebranded max 8?
I've heard the same thing, that you have to install the cap pack to retain the warranty on it. Yes the Corally esc is basically a Max8.

If it's cheaper.

The price of the Torox 185 from hobby shops is around $180. Buying from Jenny's for $93.97 may be cheaper but you get no warranty ... and this is OP we're talking about here. The Max 8 can be had from HobbywingDirect for about $114 + tax after discount codes.

The price of the Torox 185 from hobby shops is around $180. Buying from Jenny's for $93.97 may be cheaper but you get no warranty ... and this is OP we're talking about here. The Max 8 can be had from HobbywingDirect for about $114 + tax after discount codes.
I guess you are right, plus he lives in Canada so the Max8 might be cheaper for him.

Here its 174$ Cad For the max 8. The torox is made by hobbywing but i believe at a price point. Just like the arrma ones. Maybe better but maybe not max 8 level
(93usd+15ish shipping)x 1.30 around 140-150$. Its out of stock at jennys cant exactly know the shipping cost bu by experience ors around that
Was thinking buying these to make my cap pack. The 1000uf are overkill and huge. https://www.amazon.ca/pcs-Panasonic-FM-Capacitors-680uf/dp/B075KFDM3Q/ref=sr_1_13?crid=17O0F9YOYOBY&keywords=50v+panasonic+capacitors&qid=1646770542&s=industrial&sprefix=50v+panasonic+capacitors,industrial,56&sr=1-13 im not planning on making speed runs with it. Maybe the cap pack the max 8 comes with is already enough. Im not an expert. @LibertyMKiii what would you do?

Last edited:
Here’s the info from the manual:

1644592664733.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back