Kraton Max 8 G2 programming question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeppyjep

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
What’s the difference between #8 punch &
#10 initial throttle force?

Have to be honest I’m pumped to try this Esc and motor out in my kraton 6s . I just rebuilt all 3 diffs now I’m installing the motor and esc . I think the turbo timing can be fun

E740B1CC-C4FD-4B57-956B-3EC642027EC3.jpeg

I don't know but I have the combo in my kraton 4s and when I turn punch and throttle force both up I get stuttering when I full throttle from a dead stop like my batteries aren't good enough.

I don't know but I have the combo in my kraton 4s and when I turn punch and throttle force both up I get stuttering when I full throttle from a dead stop like my batteries aren't good enough.
Ok good to know . brooooooo just took a 6s rip and hollllllllyyyy sheep this thing is serious ! Can’t wait to get it in the dirt tomorrow wow
Ok good to know . brooooooo just took a 6s rip and hollllllllyyyy sheep this thing is serious ! Can’t wait to get it in the dirt tomorrow wow

Do you have the turbo timing engaged? Maybe high punch plus high throttle plus turbo timing with no delay might be too much at once ?? Just a thought

Originally, I did but I ended up turning it off after trying to troubleshoot my problem.

Other than that have you been happy with it?
Yea it's been nice otherwise. I haven't even tried it on 6s since it's in a kraton 4s v2. Thing is geared for about 60 mph on 4s and the combo doesn't get hot.

Yea it's been nice otherwise. I haven't even tried it on 6s since it's in a kraton 4s v2. Thing is geared for about 60 mph on 4s and the combo doesn't get hot.
Wow that 4s is moving . I had my 6 s kraton all over the road tonight and back flipping in the grass and it was just starting to snow . I have to gear up because it’s on a factory 15 pinion . Did the diffs F80k,C500k/R50k seems to be good . That’s the 1st time I ever changed them . I’m wondering what the new max 6 will be because the max 8g2 has the same constant 160amp as the max 6 now so I can only imagine what the rest of the g2 series will be like

0447818F-05D0-4AA2-95A3-D05E938AE547.jpeg

58AA31E2-38BD-4A4C-A713-58E2AE5DDCBE.jpeg

Originally, I did but I ended up turning it off after trying to troubleshoot my problem.
FWIW I also leave Turbo off with my Lim running HW XR8 Plus. I also had issues. I also like my timing very low and Punch also low initially. I bump it up gradually. And High timing equals higher temps. For speed running Punch is always down anyway. But with the same ESC in my my TLRT and MT410 ( offroaders) I bumped the punch up gradually till I felt it was ok. Amp cutting can result at some point. Depends how and what you are running and how you are geared.
I use the HW WIfi Adapter and the Phone APP to adjust while out in the field. Easy to dial her in when running the rig. Get the Wifi adapter if you don't have it already. Maybe you do? IDK.
:cool:

FWIW I also leave Turbo off with my Lim running HW XR8 Plus. I also had issues. I also like my timing very low and Punch also low initially. I bump it up gradually. And High timing equals higher temps. For speed running Punch is always down anyway. But with the same ESC in my my TLRT and MT410 ( offroaders) I bumped the punch up gradually till I felt it was ok. Amp cutting can result at some point. Depends how and what you are running and how you are geared.
I use the HW WIfi Adapter and the Phone APP to adjust while out in the field. Easy to dial her in when running the rig. Get the Wifi adapter if you don'y have it already. Maybe you do? IDK.

No I don’t have it yet , do you have a link ?

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ota?variant=32088351506547

Read the PDF manual at the link above to learn more about it. There's also some YT videos in regards. The programability is expansive. I learned in the beginning to leave many features at their default setting. Don't change so much right away. Or it becomes hard to diagnose any issues. When in doubt go back to default settings. Then make one change at a time. How I learned the features etc. I don't feel Turbo has much benefit with Off road bashers. It appears to be best for Confined tracks in competition use.
First Check for any new F/W updates to your ESC. The OTA programmer will recommend it if any are needed.

Last edited:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ota?variant=32088351506547

Read the PDF manual at the link above to learn more about it. There's also some YT videos in regards. The programability is expansive. I learned in the beginning to leave many features at their default setting. Don't change so much right away. Or it becomes hard to diagnose any issues. When in doubt go back to default settings. Then make one change at a time. How I learned the features etc. I don't feel Turbo has much benefit with Off road bashers. It appears to be best for Confined tracks in competition use.
First Check for any new F/W updates to your ESC. The OTA programmer will recommend it if any are needed.

Ty my man

I use the HW WIfi Adapter and the Phone APP to adjust while out in the field. Easy to dial her in when running the rig. Get the Wifi adapter if you don't have it already. Maybe you do? IDK.
haha it's funny I have like 15 castle b links but not a single one for hobbywing. I should definitely get one!

The HW Zerun Series ESC's do have data logging, accessible with the App and OTA adapter. Not as robust as CC data logs. But very helpful.

Today I went though 2 full packs on this g2 and beat the snot out of my kraton . I am so impressed with this max 8 g2 factory gearing and diffs are all fresh and rig does standing backflips it’s hell on wheels . I highly recommend the max 8 g2 for anyone’s kraton . My highest temp today was 107 on my esc and 98 on my motor and it was 39 degrees outside . I just want to sure this info if anyone is considering this set up

Last edited:
Yeah the Max8 G2 peaked my interest also. I am into Sensored HW ESC's. Have 5 of them. (Xerun's)
Maybe for my new FT once the stocker ESC fries.
The older Max 8 ran hot and many fried, Phase socket soldering always melted/ unsoldered because it was so hot. It was not sensored.
Max 8 G2 is a different animal altogether. The first 6s Zerun HW to come sensored.

Yeah the Max8 G2 peaked my interest also. I am into Sensored HW ESC's. Have 5 of them. (Xerun's)
Maybe for my new FT once the stocker ESC fries.
The older Max 8 ran hot and many fried, Phase socket soldering always melted/ unsoldered because it was so hot. It was not sensored.
Max 8 G2 is a different animal altogether. The first 6s Zerun HW to come sensored.

Same , I had the old style max 8 in my typhon and it ran like lava hot all the time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back