Outcast Max C rating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickybobby802

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just got the outcast and I'm wondering what's the max C rating I can get for a battery to run with. I was looking at the smc 5600 mah 90c 4s

There is no max. You want the highest C rating you can get, so the batts are not limiting current.

There is no max. You want the highest C rating you can get, so the batts are not limiting current.

While this is true to a degree, it is also not really true... The Outcast is a basher truck, not a racer. For racing, getting those 90C-120C can make sense, just because, Racing... If you are racing, and can consistently run laps within a quarter of a second of each other, then maybe the extreme high C packs will benefit you...

For Bashing, Good enough is often Good enough. I have 25c, 35c, 50c, 60c, 90c packs. On the low end, I can tell a difference in punch and acceleration, but on the top end, for bashing, there is no practical difference between the 50c and 90c. The difference in cost, though, is huge.

My point was and is that there is no maximum rating for the Outcast or any other vehicle. Higher current ratings will not damage the electronics.

Weight is also an issue. In my opinion.

Have run 150c

But usually use 5500mah 50c

3s X 2

I just got the outcast and I'm wondering what's the max C rating I can get for a battery to run with. I was looking at the smc 5600 mah 90c 4s

On the website it says you are good as long as your battery is 35c or higher.

I haven't had good luck with the smc batteries. ran two 5400mah 3s batteries and they got puffy and didn't have awesome runtimes. now im using a 6s 4800mah 50c hobbystar battery, and it works great!

Another benefit to running 6s instead of two 3s is that it takes up much less space, and you only need one charger.

On the website it says you are good as long as your battery is 35c or higher.

I haven't had good luck with the smc batteries. ran two 5400mah 3s batteries and they got puffy and didn't have awesome runtimes. now im using a 6s 4800mah 50c hobbystar battery, and it works great!

Another benefit to running 6s instead of two 3s is that it takes up much less space, and you only need one charger.

If they hadn't figured it out in 21 months I don't think they ever will. :p ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back