Limitless Max motor length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
In the stock location what’s the max motor length that will fit the Arrma Limitless?

There is approximately 3.5" to work with. I ordered the Hobby Wing max6 combo and the motor fits nicely, measures 86.5mm or just a tick over 3.4". No wasted space, but no mods to the chassis. I wanted to start with stock mounting as well. The Hobby Wing motor is 50mm mounting so you have to run the optional 50mm motor mount and this pushes the stock 27t pinion to far away from the spool gear. I have a 39t spool gear ordered and will chang to a 31t pinion to keep gearing close to stock to start out.

Here's a pic with motor installed

Attachments

• 20190911_090517.jpg
    20190911_090517.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 252
How do you find this setup? I’m in the process of collecting parts for mine and was going to run the same motor and esc combo. I wasn’t aware of the motor mount needing to be changed. Is this something I need to purchase or it comes in the box (yet to receive the vehicle it’s in transit)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
How do you find this setup? I’m in the process of collecting parts for mine and was going to run the same motor and esc combo. I wasn’t aware of the motor mount needing to be changed. Is this something I need to purchase or it comes in the box (yet to receive the vehicle it’s in transit)
Thanks in advance
Yes you will need to buy one if you run 50 series motors with the larger screw pattern. Its "limited" to the smaller motors out of the box. A universal slide would be nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back