Max speed (All Arrmas) on stock electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapbastard

Military Veteran
Reaction score
What is everybody getting speed wise out of there stock rigs. Too many people wanting to push stock stuff too far and expecting too much.

Just want people to know what they are getting into versus what they are expecting. Example buying a 50mph rig and trying to push 80mph out of it.

Buy something in the beginning that's capable of what you want vs dumping a lot of money into something that it's not.

Modifying and pushing the limits is great and can be fun but I hope people know what they really want before they buy. Please don't get upset or complain when you upgrade a 1/10 scale and end up spending as much as a 8th scale (the old well if I spend that much in upgrades I could just buy a 6s rig).

In general I just want to know what people have pushed their rigs to on stock electronics speed wise and even with a different motor wise on the stock esc.

Last edited:
What is everybody getting speed wise out of there stock rigs. Too many people wanting to push stock stuff too far and expecting too much.

Just want people to know what they are getting into versus what they are expecting. Example buying a 50mph rig and trying to push 80mph out of it.

Buy something in the beginning that's capable of what you want vs dumping a lot of money into something that it's not.

Modifying and pushing the limits is great and can be fun but I hope people know what they really want before they buy. Please don't get upset or complain when you upgrade a 1/10 scale and end up spending as much as a 8th scale (the old well if I spend that much in upgrades I could just buy a 6s rig).

I was all about the speed thing in the beginning. I was obsessed with making my Granite a 55 mph truck. Then I realized that it handled like ass and every time I tried to go fast I would lose control and hit something. There's speed and there's usable speed. The 3s BLX plastic trucks just won't handle at anything over 50 mph. Maybe the Typhon - I don't have that one.

As far as the 6s rigs go, I just run the big optional pinion. I never go flat out for top end though. I do plan on putting a Max6 and a large can motor in my Kraton but it will geared for beastly torque. Unless you are building a speed rig, there really isn't much use for 60 mph. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
All the 6s vehicles are 100mph capable after doing all the necessary chassis upgrades. Non ballooning tires, slamming the suspension, and gearing the nuts off it.

Idk how fast my Outcast was out of the box, I could never get it up to more than 70% throttle without the front end wanting to lift up off the ground.

I've been 67.3mph with the Outcast on the backflips and a 17t

73mph with the Talion v3 on backflips and an 18t

Both with stock BLX systems

Outcast is way more fun and challenging to make speed runs with imo. Look forward to seeing how far I can push the stock tires with a more powerful motor ESC combo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back