Max5 combo motor fan connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hey gents.

I ashamed to ask (newb)......how do I connect this motor fan to power? Through a splitter cable to the ESC or do I plug directly into the receiver?

4CBE019A-B678-4075-926A-82E82227A03B.jpeg

That motor fan has a JST RCY connector and you will need a Futaba J connector instead. You might be able to find an adapter cable or make your own if you have the parts.

My eyes have failed me today.... rock on..

Just ran the truck for a few minutes out in the cul de sac to see if I phucked anything up.......bloody thing works! It was my first successful solder job making a series connector for the ESC (after practicing on 6 IC5 connectors before I was satisfied). Tried some EC5’s but it was a real pita to feed 8 gauge into them. I was expecting issues but none popped up.

F3B960C8-FE50-4D28-98FC-AF86EBEE7552.jpeg

Don’t crucify me for the motor fan routing. It’s temporary until the 56113 goes in.....waiting for pinions.

cheers,
kev

Just ran the truck for a few minutes out in the cul de sac to see if I phucked anything up.......bloody thing works! It was my first successful solder job making a series connector for the ESC (after practicing on 6 IC5 connectors before I was satisfied). Tried some EC5’s but it was a real pita to feed 8 gauge into them. I was expecting issues but none popped up.

View attachment 94125
Don’t crucify me for the motor fan routing. It’s temporary until the 56113 goes in.....waiting for pinions.

cheers,
kev

Howcome it's that much easier to fit 8AWG into IC5's?
Do they have a bigger diameter internally?
(just asking because I have different brands of EC5 and for me AWG8 also really is a PITA with most of them ;))

The 8 gauge doesn’t have to fit through the connector on EC5’s. It only has to fit through the shroud (grey clip on bit). The shroud seems to have a slightly bigger hole in it than the IC5.
I was able to solder the connection without removing the connector from the unit.
5AB14867-507A-4798-A274-89F1DA4EE36A.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back