Kraton MAX5 Into Kraton 6s 5 Chassis ???? Will it go ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
Has anybody tried installing a max5 into a Kraton 6s v5 chassis yet ? Just curious and I don’t see it happening but who am I !

If so would love to see some build logs or just read about it would great !

Doesn’t the MMX8S handle more power, run cooler, and have a smaller footprint than a Max5? Why run a Max5 in any car?
Depends on if you have full coverage or just liability, insurance comes at a premium 😂

1675426849658.jpeg

Depends on if you have full coverage or just liability, insurance comes at a premium 😂

View attachment 275230
I’ve been a industrial/commercial electrician for 27 years. When I see things that have melted down 98% of the time it was a connection point done incorrectly/loose. I’ve seen #10 wire that’s been handling 60amp loads for years double the rated amp load. Like this picture I’d be all over the soldering of that connector that wire looks like it got hot.
CF8E3ABF-D97E-4CC3-9CC4-6BD801AC8973.jpeg

Doesn’t the MMX8S handle more power, run cooler, and have a smaller footprint than a Max5? Why run a Max5 in any car?
You know, originally I was thinking the mmx8s was an easy win over the max 5 but now I'm not so sure. I think the max 5 definitely runs cooler in a 1/5th scale for example. I would love to see some real comparisons between the 2 in 1/5th scale rigs. mmx8s > max 5 for speed running all day though.

Out of all the mmx8s I have and I have a lot! I've only seen one ever have a problem so in my book they're not far off from hw reliability. People act like only castle esc's can mess up. I saw this guy the other day who had a max 4 shoot out flames after 5 mins in his dbxl for example. I've also heard a few stories of max 8 g2's letting out the smoke. XLX2 can kiss my ass though! :ROFLMAO:

You know, originally I was thinking the mmx8s was an easy win over the max 5 but now I'm not so sure. I think the max 5 definitely runs cooler in a 1/5th scale for example. I would love to see some real comparisons between the 2 in 1/5th scale rigs. mmx8s > max 5 for speed running all day though.

Out of all the mmx8s I have and I have a lot! I've only seen one ever have a problem so in my book they're not far off from hw reliability. People act like only castle esc's can mess up. I saw this guy the other day who had a max 4 shoot out flames after 5 mins in his dbxl for example. I've also heard a few stories of max 8 g2's letting out the smoke. XLX2 can kiss my ass though! :ROFLMAO:
I am torn between installing my planned castle xlx2 already purchased or purchasing a hw max4 for my Kraton 8s exb 🦂 project 🤔

I am torn between installing my planned castle xlx2 already purchased or purchasing a hw max4 for my Kraton 8s exb 🦂 project 🤔
Would you actually bash the kraton with the max 4 on 12s? or would it be used on 8s? Bashing a 12s kraton sounds terriyfing to me :eek:
Rumor says @Moirae might be in the market for an XLX2..

No way he would sell it for as cheap as @real_name_hidden sold it to you for. I still chant curses on you before bed every night. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been a industrial/commercial electrician for 27 years. When I see things that have melted down 98% of the time it was a connection point done incorrectly/loose. I’ve seen #10 wire that’s been handling 60amp loads for years double the rated amp load. Like this picture I’d be all over the soldering of that connector that wire looks like it got hot. View attachment 275255
So you probably know in an emergency situation with extremely warm wires/plug/receptacle when disconnecting things that can happen 👍

So you probably know in an emergency situation with extremely warm wires/plug/receptacle when disconnecting things that can happen 👍
Correct and usually that wire is the problem/ where it started If your plug got hot enough for the solder to loosen/melt (180F minimum or hotter) then the connection was bad to start and just a matter of time before it failed, it can take years for it to fail. This breaker (480v 200amp) failed after 15 years because the connection was loose and they kept adding load to the breaker in turn increased heat that lead to the failure. I’ve seen a 1000 failures and 98% of the time it’s the connection point or splice (human error) that has the failure.
5DAF2BCE-5325-447B-9B62-E8174CE3BD3C.png

Does castle use 8awg or bigger wire for their 30.4V ESCs?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back