Talion Max6/4092 weight vs stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
Just in case you wanted to know how much weight a max6/4092 adds hahahaha. I left the esc plate on the stock setup, i wasn't using it in the new build so i guess you could take a little more off the stock weight. Also added pics of the newly blacked out lightened talion build (y)

talion13.jpg

talion14.jpg

talion15.jpg

talion16.jpg

talion17.jpg

Love the murdered out look!
Curious about motor/esc.
In the process of building my v4 talion, I will upgrade it trying to keep it light on the process. I have 4985 combos in a notorious and a kraton and they are monstrous but I think it will spoil the talion.

I suppose the logical option would be a max 8 but would it be that much different to stock do you think?

Leaves me with the 4092/max 6, how does yours perform? Temps? Can you "feel" the extra weight? Is the power difference THAT noticeable? Tia 👍

Just in case you wanted to know how much weight a max6/4092 adds hahahaha. I left the esc plate on the stock setup, i wasn't using it in the new build so i guess you could take a little more off the stock weight. Also added pics of the newly blacked out lightened talion build (y)

View attachment 150376

View attachment 150377

View attachment 150378

View attachment 150379

View attachment 150380
Love the look of the rig dude. Did you make your shocks black? Looks great. I’d call that car blackberry. Or maybe black cherry. Haha

Leaves me with the 4092/max 6, how does yours perform? Temps? Can you "feel" the extra weight? Is the power difference THAT noticeable? Tia 👍
I have this in my Talion V4 and it is an absolute beast. I have a titanium chassis and towers which does help lighten it considerably.

Temps can get a little high on really sustained/heavy use without a fan on the motor - which probably means I need one.

Curious about motor/esc.
In the process of building my v4 talion, I will upgrade it trying to keep it light on the process. I have 4985 combos in a notorious and a kraton and they are monstrous but I think it will spoil the talion.

I suppose the logical option would be a max 8 but would it be that much different to stock do you think?

The max8 and stock esc are the same except for the “smart” tech. Get it and a 2050kv or lower motor. The max8 2200kv motor seems to run hot in the Arrmas. I think the Kraton and oc handle the extra weight of the larger systems than the talion. I would and do run a system similar to the stock one.

Curious about motor/esc.

I can’t notice the added weight of the max6/4092 on this one. I had debated on dropping a tp 4070 in it 😂 it feels closer to my 8ight xte as far as how nimble it is. My beefcake talion def feels like it weighs more but it’s also running the 4s outcast tires. I did get the exb talion belted tires in last week for this lighter one too.
Love the look of the rig dude. Did you make your shocks black? Looks great. I’d call that car blackberry. Or maybe black cherry. Haha
Yeah I sent all the aluminum parts to Travis Bateman to anodize black. The M2c lightened chassis as well. I know it’ll end up getting scratched up on the bottom but went for it.

I can’t notice the added weight of the max6/4092 on this one. I had debated on dropping a tp 4070 in it 😂 it feels closer to my 8ight xte as far as how nimble it is. My beefcake talion def feels like it weighs more but it’s also running the 4s outcast tires. I did get the exb talion belted tires in last week for this lighter one too.

Yeah I sent all the aluminum parts to Travis Bateman to anodize black. The M2c lightened chassis as well. I know it’ll end up getting scratched up on the bottom but went for it.
Looks great 👍🏻 How much did that cost!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back