Kraton Max6 and battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I’m going to install a max6 esc into my new kraton,,,,,my question is,,,,,what is the minimum C rating for this esc....right now all I have is traxxas 25c batteries. Will that be okay to run in the max6 or should I have a higher c rating,,,,,seems to me the 25c is kind of low for this 160 amp max6, Just want to make sure before I install the unit,,,, ,,don’t want to ruin things,,,,,

I would stay above the 35c rating for the draw of the original blx motor which is stated in the manual. Maybe 50c if you have upgraded that as well.

I’m going to install a max6 esc into my new kraton,,,,,my question is,,,,,what is the minimum C rating for this esc....right now all I have is traxxas 25c batteries. Will that be okay to run in the max6 or should I have a higher c rating,,,,,seems to me the 25c is kind of low for this 160 amp max6, Just want to make sure before I install the unit,,,, ,,don’t want to ruin things,,,,,
You’re gonna hurt those 25C lipos ?

This quote depends on what motor you are running. Installing a MAX6 alone will not increase the current draw. Usually a MAX6 is installed when running a 4092 or larger motor which will pull more current and you will need at least 50 or 60c batteries to make sure they can cope.

Traxxas 25c will be good enough for the standard Blx 2050kv motor but they are only just good enough. Traxxas batteries are also terrible value for money.

This quote depends on what motor you are running. Installing a MAX6 alone will not increase the current draw. Usually a MAX6 is installed when running a 4092 or larger motor which will pull more current and you will need at least 50 or 60c batteries to make sure they can cope.

Traxxas 25c will be good enough for the standard Blx 2050kv motor but they are only just good enough. Traxxas batteries are also terrible value for money.
Thanks,,,I’m running the stock motor. The stock esc burnt out. I’m not a serious basher,,,mostly street. Just want a more reliable esc. Will the 25c be viable for my use?

081D7E04-38EE-41A8-8E82-D23B91C5F6F4.jpeg

Thanks,,,I’m running the stock motor. The stock esc burnt out. I’m not a serious basher,,,mostly street. Just want a more reliable esc. Will the 25c be viable for my use?
25c Traxxas batteries are generally considered to be decent quality and under rated. Therefore they perform like other brands 35c for example batteries. They will be fine for your use, may I suggest a MAX8 ESC? It will be more reliable and has more features than the Arrma ESC. I would make sure your car isn't overgeared as the original ESC shouldn't have blown.

Will they overheat or something else.....
If you push them too much they may get too warm. They would possibly just drop voltage too much and trigger low voltage cut off if you tried to run a bigger motor from those batteries.

Will they overheat or something else.....
They could overheat and puff. It’s easy to check with a temp gun and play it safe. Run for a few mins and check temps. After a few runs without temp issues you should be in the clear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back