Limitless Max6 brake force for limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luigibell78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
What are you guys running for brake force on the limitless? Specifically on the max6 esc..

I have mine set to 75% and seems "ok" but once it's up to speed I think it needs more...

Any downsides to running 100%?

You have to try it for yourself and see. Trial and error will dictate. Zero downside to 100% setting. No matter the setting, braking should not be triggered hard. These are electric brakes and should be feathered and pulsed, not hard triggered. Or this will heat up the motor and ESC excessively. No matter your Brake setting.
If you have too much brake, the rig can wander or wipe out. But that is all subjective to a point. We all drive differntly and have differing distances to work with when speed running. I run 100% on my other ESC's. Off road I tune it down frm max deending on my rig and the surface I bash on. I don't have the Max 6.
Remember that the taller your gearing is (larger pinion) the less brake you have. I always run 100% with my on road stuff. It is common to need 200ft stopping distance for speed running.
:cool:

What are you guys running for brake force on the limitless? Specifically on the max6 esc..

I have mine set to 75% and seems "ok" but once it's up to speed I think it needs more...

Any downsides to running 100%?
It all depends on gearing and motor strength. If it seems too low, raise it up. At some point, with tall enough gearing, brake strength will be low no matter what.

You have to try it for yourself and see. Trial and error will dictate. Zero downside to 100% setting. No matter the setting, braking should not be triggered hard. These are electric brakes and should be feathered and pulsed, not hard triggered. Or this will heat up the motor and ESC excessively. No matter your Brake setting.
If you have too much brake, the rig can wander or wipe out. But that is all subjective to a point. We all drive differntly and have differing distances to work with when speed running. I run 100% on my other ESC's. Off road I tune it down frm max deending on my rig and the surface I bash on. I don't have the Max 6.
Remember that the taller your gearing is (larger pinion) the less brake you have. I always run 100% with my on road stuff. It is common to need 200ft stopping distance for speed running.
:cool:

thanks for the info...good to know

my radolink rc4gs radio has a ABS function....do you think it would be worth the effort in setting it up? set the esc brake force to 100% then use the abs function?

i have a habit of slamming full brake on always to slow the thing down.....haven't had any issue yet but i haven't gone very fast either....haha

it's the max 6 combo with the 1650kv 4985 motor and 29/34 gearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back