Max6 DX5C Throttle Deadband

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Is there a way to adjust the throttle deadband on this setup? Just put a max6 in my ERBEv2 and I'm using a spektrum DX5C radio. I calibrated the esc/receiver and noticed even a hair of throttle kicks the esc in. I'm used to a bit more trigger movement before the esc fires up. Not sure if I'm missing a setting or if that's just how it is.

Is there a way to adjust the throttle deadband on this setup? Just put a max6 in my ERBEv2 and I'm using a spektrum DX5C radio. I calibrated the esc/receiver and noticed even a hair of throttle kicks the esc in. I'm used to a bit more trigger movement before the esc fires up. Not sure if I'm missing a setting or if that's just how it is.
Interesting. You really like having deadband? I always liked as little as possible. I’m just curious why

Interesting. You really like having deadband? I always liked as little as possible. I’m just curious why
Probably a carry over from nitro where I'd setup the linkage to allow movement before the carb started to open. I like feeling a bit of movement in the trigger before anything happens. I'll have to see what the blx185 does in my outcast on my bench... maybe it's the same and it goes unnoticed when out in the field. I just feel like my castle esc's have a bit of deadband from memory. Been a month since I ran a truck and seeing that big max6 in my ERBEv2 has me itching to get out and run them.

Probably a carry over from nitro where I'd setup the linkage to allow movement before the carb started to open. I like feeling a bit of movement in the trigger before anything happens. I'll have to see what the blx185 does in my outcast on my bench... maybe it's the same and it goes unnoticed when out in the field. I just feel like my castle esc's have a bit of deadband from memory. Been a month since I ran a truck and seeing that big max6 in my ERBEv2 has me itching to get out and run them.
Interesting. And yeah, they have a bit of deadband. First thing I do in castle link is dial it out.

There's no deadband adjustment in the hobbywing esc like the castle has, but you can adjust the throttle sub trim on your DX5C transmitter in small increments to create the small trigger movement you're looking for before forward movement is initiated.

After taking it out today, I can live with it. Just seemed more abrupt/violent on my work bench than it did out on the ground.

Punch at 3, brakes at 25%... it's an animal compared to the MMv1 it replaced. The blx2050kv motor may play a part in that too as that was also a change I made.

I had a 2200kv castle/traxxas motor on it with an old HPI rebadged MMv1 that I had to screw around with the t/b curves on to make it not hit like a hammer all the time. Was impossible to do "in air" corrections with it in stock form. Unless landing badly 99.9% of the time was the goal. :)

The max6/blx2050kv was far more smooth at power delivery overall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back