Kraton Max6 esc mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
When getting rid of the rubbish stock fan from the esc you have to take off the top of the esc in order to put a worthy fan because not many fans are powerful enough at 35mm. Most are 30 and 40

And by doing so you have to take away the side guards off the esc because its one piece with the top. And that annoyed me as it keeps all kinds of poop out of the connections.

I carefully cut the top off the sides and it now sits absolutely flawlessly.

Recommended

20200927_214215.jpg

20200927_214125.jpg

Rocket 40mm fan with its carbon cover .. the things a beast
Ran it like a hooligan for about 25 minutes and you can still put your finger on the esc .. same for the motor
18000rpm and sounds like a helicopter lol
Those fans come with that cover ?? Can you link us? Cause those are badace!

No . They don't come with the covers but if you order both at the same time they accept arrive together.

Don't take my word for it maybe I just got lucky ?

But yeah delivery is real quick and even if they don't arrive cover and fan I'm sure it will be a day or two between them. Really recommend that seller

Fan
₪ 38.82 27%OFF | Hot Rocket Metal 8.5V 16000RPM High Rotation Speed Cooling Fan for 4068 Brushless Motor ESC 1/10 1/8 RC Car Accessories Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BT7wVB

Cover
₪ 18.04 28%OFF | Rocket 40x40MM 30x30MM carbon cooling fan cover & M3 * 14mm 4pcs screws RC motor / electric regulating fan protection cover
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BU7kMH

Hence my question, the ESC heatsink is 35x35 and no place to mount screws for a 40x40 fan. My guess it's only secured to the plastic housing. Curious how that would hold up to bashing.

Last edited:
Hence my question, the ESC heatsink is 35x35 and no place to mount screws for a 40x40 fan. My guess it's only secured to the plastic housing. Curious how that would hold up to bashing.
Two screws are very firmly attached to the right side of the heatsink. The other two screws go into the plastic. The two that do go into the aluminum teeth of the heatsink are strong enough to hold it there for any kind of bashig..very firm fit ?

The two screws on the left that go into the plastic are mostly for stabilization but also help a tone.

Its so well mounted it feels like it came stock like that.?

I just used a high rpm 30mm fan inside the housing. Pushes a lot of air. 2 screws hold the fan to the heat sink, the other two hold the cover down.
2020-0525-Outcast-max6-Hobbystar30mmFan.jpg

I didn't like the thought of ditching the housing either. I did the same thing on both my max6's, in my outcast and ERBEv2. They seem to run cool enough for the gearing I use.

Nice
I just used a high rpm 30mm fan inside the housing. Pushes a lot of air. 2 screws hold the fan to the heat sink, the other two hold the cover down.
2020-0525-Outcast-max6-Hobbystar30mmFan.jpg

I didn't like the thought of ditching the housing either. I did the same thing on both my max6's, in my outcast and ERBEv2. They seem to run cool enough for the gearing I use.
Looks awesome olds?
What u got running on the motor of the blx? Are those 2 surpass 30mms?
If I remember correct the 30mm are even stronger then the 40s.. something crazy like 26000 ?

Nice
Looks awesome olds?
What u got running on the motor of the blx? Are those 2 surpass 30mms?
If I remember correct the 30mm are even stronger then the 40s.. something crazy like 26000 ?
Running on the max6 at 7.2v, the 30mm fans really howl.

I just have the blx2050kv in both my outcast and ERBEv2. Been kicking around the idea of a larger motor in the outcast, but really, the blx2050 has been working fine in it now that I'm running the backflips vs the trencher 3.8's. Even with trenchers it was fine, but my diffs were a sore spot.

Not sure why, but the same system in my ERBEv2 runs hotter with slower gearing than the outcast, even when I ran 3.8 trenchers on both. I geared it up a bit thinking I was perhaps running WOT more in the ERBEv2 because it was geared lower, but haven't run it much since. Now that ambient has dropped, it will likely be fine regardless. Now it's fast enough to clear the big jumps at the bmx track with relative ease if I can keep the front end down in the last 20 feet. ;)

WFO makes max 5 and max 6 fan mounts to hold 40mm fans

max6 fan.png

fat bastard11.jpg

Wow nice rides, to me they look better all dusty and broken in but not broken ! I think i will take some pointers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back