Max6 fan issue - it’s not the fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final update:

Got my replacement Max6 today after nearly a month. I feel like I would have been screwed had it not been for the efforts of my LHS, Danbury Hobby Center. They really go above and beyond.

20190603_123250.jpg

Hope that new Max6 runs reliable for you. Max5 was always solid for me in an xmaxx truck.

Yeah, the MMX has the newer switch. However, the MMX has a sensor port that it and the switch both plug into on the esc, if you get water on it causes the thing to act stupid. Or at least that's what they told my me issue might be with the MMX/2200kv in my savage.

Ever had issues with that plug coming out? I avoided a MMX after my first one had issues with the plug coming out of the ESC. When it would happen it totally killed the car, which was dangerous when at speed. I bought a MM2 this last time around just for it's simplicity and proven performance. FYI if anyone gets a MMX and notices the fan isn't working it is because it runs only when above 140f

-Liberty

Hope that new Max6 runs reliable for you. Max5 was always solid for me in an xmaxx truck.

Ever had issues with that plug coming out? I avoided a MMX after my first one had issues with the plug coming out of the ESC. When it would happen it totally killed the car, which was dangerous when at speed. I bought a MM2 this last time around just for it's simplicity and proven performance. FYI if anyone gets a MMX and notices the fan isn't working it is because it runs only when above 140f

-Liberty
I almost forgot about that when I was installing a secondary fan for the motor. I was just going to cut the fan lead on the esc, then split it. Just as I was about to cut it... I plugged the esc into a set of packs to see the fan start up on boot, then shut off. Then I remembered. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back