Max6 fan replace with 12v pc fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RxMonkey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
hello all. I don’t have a multimeter. Can someone tell me the voltage output of the fan port? I have broken 5 fans now. I’m going to try to cover with mesh and use foam to cushion. Can I buy pc 35mm 12v fans? Will they work?

Fan output should be set to the BEC output. I think with the Max6, you can select you BEC output, right? So between 6.0v and 7.4v.

Yeah I borrowed a multimeter from a friend. It’s 6.0v. So like you’re saying it’s set by the bec. The fans I was going to order are 12v. I found a set that are 5v. I’m going to work on fixing the breakage with mesh and foam to cushion impact but for now I need a bunch. Thank you!

I am having the exact same problem so good luck and let us know if you find a good fan and a way to stop breakage
I will. I tried putting window screen over the fans and used thick double stick foam underneath them. Several quit working (3/4 trucks). I kinda tossed them in a pile in my garage. I'm a little irritatated with them for a few days. Gonna let the sit a while. I'll come back to it with a clear head. I gotta figure something out. Trucks are tough as hell but these fans I'm breaking like every single run. Usually way before I even finish a pack. @Spar69! on the other hand has never had any fan problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back