Max6 motor bullet connection came loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis.W

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
The ESC came loose and ripped one of the bullet connectors out of the ESC.

Anyone ever Fixed this type of problem?
Its a fairly new ESC.
5B89C961-57E3-4425-A272-7BDC960F67AB.jpeg

same thing happened to kevin talbot on youtube. he took his soldering iron and put it into the connector while he held it in place to remelt the solder.

Yes, now that you mention it i think ive seen it too!
I gave it a go, will se if it worked out its back in place and seems solid.
Will put it back together tomorrow and see if it works, it pulled the motorwires out of the motor also.
47D1A693-2639-4F8F-ACF0-DF3A472B49EE.jpeg

Good luck man. I would approach it by holding the bullet with pliers and heating it with a soldering iron while it’s flush with the board. Then the hot bullet will melt the solder on the board and get a good joint. Only reason I say this is because you kinda wanna keep as much heat away from the ESC and it’s mosfets as you can.

Yes, now that you mention it i think ive seen it too!
I gave it a go, will se if it worked out its back in place and seems solid.
Will put it back together tomorrow and see if it works, it pulled the motorwires out of the motor also.
View attachment 96305
Dayum, that must have been one hellofa ride!

Tell me you got that on video.

Good luck man. I would approach it by holding the bullet with pliers and heating it with a soldering iron while it’s flush with the board. Then the hot bullet will melt the solder on the board and get a good joint. Only reason I say this is because you kinda wanna keep as much heat away from the ESC and it’s mosfets as you can.

Yes, i dremeled down a soldertip to fit the bullet female and put on there and let it heat up and put som solder on it the showed it in and it melted down fast and removed the solder iron and cooled it down and it seems succesful i just did a quick test with motor and esc out of the car and it worked fine??
Dayum, that must have been one hellofa ride!

Tell me you got that on video.

I really Think its time to get a cam for the escapades, the costly sessions gets a little bit more worth if you have it on video?

One of the lipos didnt like the abuse either and tried to escape and got bent.

Yes, i dremeled down a soldertip to fit the bullet female and put on there and let it heat up and put som solder on it the showed it in and it melted down fast and removed the solder iron and cooled it down and it seems succesful i just did a quick test with motor and esc out of the car and it worked fine??

I really Think its time to get a cam for the escapades, the costly sessions gets a little bit more worth if you have it on video?

One of the lipos didnt like the abuse either and tried to escape and got bent.
Hate when those lipos escspe

Thought i just leave an comment that it seems to work just fine. If it happens to anyone else, there seem to be no problem soldering it back.
Allthough its not safe to use in wet conditions anymore since the sealing is broken around the connector.

Thought i just leave an comment that it seems to work just fine. If it happens to anyone else, there seem to be no problem soldering it back.
Allthough its not safe to use in wet conditions anymore since the sealing is broken around the connector.
Throw some high temp sealant on there :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back