Max6 next step Max5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Right now I’m running a max6 with hw 1650kv 21tooth it runs great but goes thermal. The motor won’t be hot at all just the ESC. Will the Max5 remedy this? My kraton 6s is heavy with M2c chassis and all aluminum upgrades

You need to check the fan on the esc. You shouldn't have issues and they are known for breaking fan blades or just not turning on. If it is broken. The blx 185 has the same fan and cheaper.

You need to check the fan on the esc. You shouldn't have issues and they are known for breaking fan blades or just not turning on. If it is broken. The blx 185 has the same fan and cheaper.
Seconded I run the same combo (well I did, and had a 20t, 21t, 23t & 24t pinions on her. Never hit thermal on a fully upgraded Notorious. I also ran the C4 Hobbywing fan on the motor. I also had my fans on a pwm switch that I could turn them off on big jumps/rough terrain. Barely got that warm, check your soldering as well, a cold joint will definitely cause the Max6 to draw more amps and "sweet" from overworking.

I’ve replaced the fan 10-15 times with the hobbywing and blx 185. I’ve searched but had no luck for an aluminum 35mm fan.
Anyone know how to get a fan that won’t break constantly? I’ve also been putting a screen on top to keep debris out.

I’ve replaced the fan 10-15 times with the hobbywing and blx 185. I’ve searched but had no luck for an aluminum 35mm fan.
Anyone know how to get a fan that won’t break constantly? I’ve also been putting a screen on top to keep debris out.
That's why I have my fans on a push button switch on my Futaba.

Yup mine to even the esc fan. It works. Haven't broke one since. The smallest jump breaks the blades.. oh I also cut small parts of fuel tubing to use as bushings to absorb impact.

That’s strange. I run 4985 on 22t pinion / 46t infraction spur with backflips and I’ve yet to thermal the Max6 even when running it on 8s. I’ve gotten it up to 167 but that’s as high as I’ve seen it in summer weather.

Here’s how I’ve gotten the fans to survive in the Max 6....

Now it won’t completely eliminate fan blade breakage but it does IMO greatly increase the life I get out of them now compared to when I first started running the Max6 almost a year ago.

From my experience the majority of blade breaks are caused by the tip of the blade making contact with the bottom of the fan housing dome.

Take the stock fan

9541FE37-30F0-4356-B9E2-D83075AF304D.jpeg

and clip the tips of each blade
681447F6-0FFA-4CCB-BDA3-A7115500F55D.jpeg

Profile the blades with a file to remove the forward edge of the fan blades
3BA59356-77D7-4DCC-953E-93029B70A7F8.jpeg

Take a piece of fiberglass screen (basically window screen) and install it in between the bottom of the dome housing and the top of the fan.

3CEA06D8-B860-4035-9897-4B6324F4BFD7.jpeg

I went from breaking blades bout every 3rd pack to only breaking 2 in the last 40-50 packs.

That is a great idea and it obviously works!
Thanks I’ll do that now. I’ll have to buy a different remote so I can switch the fan. You guys just switch off before jumps?

Right now I’m running a max6 with hw 1650kv 21tooth it runs great but goes thermal. The motor won’t be hot at all just the ESC. Will the Max5 remedy this? My kraton 6s is heavy with M2c chassis and all aluminum upgrades

I am running the same configuration in a 6s Kraton with a 20tooth pinion. The only time the platform has hit thermal was when the fans on the Max6 take a dumb. That is a weak spot I would check the ESC fan. I also changed the center diff to 500k and that seemed to help me get the power in check. Hope that helps. Bash on ??

I am running the same configuration in a 6s Kraton with a 20tooth pinion. The only time the platform has hit thermal was when the fans on the Max6 take a dumb. That is a weak spot I would check the ESC fan. I also changed the center diff to 500k and that seemed to help me get the power in check. Hope that helps. Bash on ??
[/

Has any one tried a alternative fan? This on has 7 blades on it and is the correct size
1581896987590.png

Has any one tried a alternative fan? This on has 7 blades on it and is the correct size

Evercool 35mm x 10mm 5 Volt EL Bearing Fan w/2 Pin 7mm Connector EC3510M05E
1581896987590.png

Seconded I run the same combo (well I did, and had a 20t, 21t, 23t & 24t pinions on her. Never hit thermal on a fully upgraded Notorious. I also ran the C4 Hobbywing fan on the motor. I also had my fans on a pwm switch that I could turn them off on big jumps/rough terrain. Barely got that warm, check your soldering as well, a cold joint will definitely cause the Max6 to draw more amps and "sweet" from overworking.
I was gonna say sounds like there’s a bad connection somewhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back