Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

Max6 replacement fan

bicketybam

BickeringBam - YouTube Mega Star!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Notorious, Talion
After a few weeks of lots of noise, the fan on my Max6 finally took a dump yesterday.
20190417_093228.jpg

I happened to have a few spare BLX 185 fans from dead units and it looks to be the same fan. Just a heads up for you guys that run a Max6.

20190417_093232.jpg

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I too swapped one from an old blx185 And it fit perfect. I have broke two fans in less than a month, fan blades keep breaking. Think I might need some screen to cover the top.

White Noise

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Senton, Typhon 6s

Attachments

Last edited:

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ive done all the tricks in the book for fans in the max 6 I've blown one every bash so i just run it without a fan no matter what they break from big jumps i even ran without the shroud no luck.

Pfaulk54271

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Talion, , Voltage, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Ive done all the tricks in the book for fans in the max 6 I've blown one every bash so i just run it without a fan no matter what they break from big jumps i even ran without the shroud no luck.
You must rubber or foam mount them, it helps alot with shock absorption. I used hot glue with a zip-tie this time around and put a stainless grille on it. Its not the prettiest thing but I believe it will hold up for awhile. Only time will tell.

Attachments

Last edited:

bicketybam

BickeringBam - YouTube Mega Star!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Notorious, Talion
I'm just going to keep throwing BLX185 fans in there, lol. I have 3 more.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
You must rubber or foam mount them, it helps alot with shock absorption. I used hot glue this time around and put a stainless grille on it. Its not the prettiest thing but I believe it will hold up for awhile. Only time will tell.
I'll have to try that it's wierd how the stock blx ones don't even budge in the blx controller i bet if i put a round piece of foam under the fan motor it would probably help alot or even a washer cause i break the three arms that hold it together

Pfaulk54271

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Talion, , Voltage, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Just got done running this new cooling setup real hard on a huge grass field, went through 2 batteries with it and never had the esc go over 115! Ambient temp was in the high 70's. Keep in mind this was with the TP 4070 1570kv on 6s. Im thoroughly impressed with this setup, very happy so far!

swampguts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Voltage
Anybody ever run their ESC fan off an external 2s lipo? I just pulled the pins from the connector, wrapped em in tape and used a little jst-xh to jst adapter thing to see what kind of air that thing would move at 8.4v. It's WAY better, but I don't know about longevity with the brass bushings and all.
15558037045921101890144.jpg

Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.