Max6 replacement fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
After a few weeks of lots of noise, the fan on my Max6 finally took a dump yesterday.
20190417_093228.jpg

I happened to have a few spare BLX 185 fans from dead units and it looks to be the same fan. Just a heads up for you guys that run a Max6.

20190417_093232.jpg

Attachments

• max6_fan.jpg
    max6_fan.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Ive done all the tricks in the book for fans in the max 6 I've blown one every bash so i just run it without a fan no matter what they break from big jumps i even ran without the shroud no luck.

Ive done all the tricks in the book for fans in the max 6 I've blown one every bash so i just run it without a fan no matter what they break from big jumps i even ran without the shroud no luck.
You must rubber or foam mount them, it helps alot with shock absorption. I used hot glue with a zip-tie this time around and put a stainless grille on it. Its not the prettiest thing but I believe it will hold up for awhile. Only time will tell.

Attachments

• 20190416_213355.jpg
    20190416_213355.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
You must rubber or foam mount them, it helps alot with shock absorption. I used hot glue this time around and put a stainless grille on it. Its not the prettiest thing but I believe it will hold up for awhile. Only time will tell.
I'll have to try that it's wierd how the stock blx ones don't even budge in the blx controller i bet if i put a round piece of foam under the fan motor it would probably help alot or even a washer cause i break the three arms that hold it together

Just got done running this new cooling setup real hard on a huge grass field, went through 2 batteries with it and never had the esc go over 115! Ambient temp was in the high 70's. Keep in mind this was with the TP 4070 1570kv on 6s. Im thoroughly impressed with this setup, very happy so far!

Anybody ever run their ESC fan off an external 2s lipo? I just pulled the pins from the connector, wrapped em in tape and used a little jst-xh to jst adapter thing to see what kind of air that thing would move at 8.4v. It's WAY better, but I don't know about longevity with the brass bushings and all.
15558037045921101890144.jpg

I've been having this same issue with my Max6.

After the 3rd fan turded out on me I decided to look into a solution.

I'm in communications with HW atm on this problem. Will report back if they come up with a solution.

Last edited:
This has been my solution to breaking fans. I've since put some screen over the top. I even saddlebagged the car onto a large rock from about 20ft in the air and it's still kicking.

Attachments

• 20190820_121300.jpg
    20190820_121300.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 271
I've been having this same issue with my Max6.

After the 3rd fan turded out on me I decided to look into a solution.

I'm in communications with HW atm on this problem. Will report back if they come up with a solution.
I actually have a solution that will keep your fan intact though extreme bashing. I'm thinking $300 or best offer and I tell you ?

Too soon????

This has been my solution to breaking fans. I've since put some screen over the top. I even saddlebagged the car onto a large rock from about 20ft in the air and it's still kicking.
Yeah makes a 30mm x 7mm aluminum fan, would work better in castle motor coolers. I've seen a few others as well, but they all look the same. I haven't found a 25mm aluminum fan yet I don't think. I just ground the bejebus out of my castle housing on my ERBEv2 and put one of the hobby star 30x10 aluminum fans in it, then ziptied it to the motor. It was too tall of a fan as the frame is intended for the 7mm, but works fine for me so far.

If its the 3 arms that keep breakin.. Isnt there somebody here @avogev that can print a extra base out of the strongest print material..
Mount that underneath to support the arms..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back