Max6 vs. max8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does the max6 fit in the Kraton? With hobbystar 4096 motor is there a benefit of the max6 or is the max8 doing the same job? Please post pictures.

Last edited:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/kraton-chassis.3301/

I went with the max 6 because it can handle more current. Being a bigger esc I’m sure it’ll handle amp draw better than the max 8. The more max current you can draw the easier the setup will be on electronics. So hopefully no fires.

It’s very tight by max 6 and 4092 both fit fine. It’s incredible power too!
Trying to cram it in there. Having to cut the lip off the esc holder. Trying to find best place for the switch. My wires fro the motor are short just a hair longer than the can. Having to make extenders. :mad:

I haven't found double stick tape that holds anything in place for very long. Still have to ziptie my esc down or it will shift on a bad lawn dart landing.

It’s a super old roll of 3M foam double stick. It’s turned kinda yellow from age. Still holds well. I mean for 2 packs so far. And yes the dual lock Velcro has definitely let go of the esc when I crash bad.

It’s a super old roll of 3M foam double stick. It’s turned kinda yellow from age. Still holds well. I mean for 2 packs so far. And yes the dual lock Velcro has definitely let go of the esc when I crash bad.
I think the stuff I had was 3M automotive emblem tape. I use it, but I still use a ziptie as well on my small esc's and on my savage, I use a ziptie going each direction, so it's in an X of zips. I had it come off and smack into the spur gear once on a lawn dart landing. That was with one ziptie and double stick tape.

I think the stuff I had was 3M automotive emblem tape. I use it, but I still use a ziptie as well on my small esc's and on my savage, I use a ziptie going each direction, so it's in an X of zips. I had it come off and smack into the spur gear once on a lawn dart landing. That was with one ziptie and double stick tape.

Well the switch is the only thing I double stick taped. It weighs nothing so it’ll prob stay put if I don’t get it wet. The esc is heavy and I bet it would fly off. Mine is kinda trapped under the body support tower.

Well the switch is the only thing I double stick taped. It weighs nothing so it’ll prob stay put if I don’t get it wet. The esc is heavy and I bet it would fly off. Mine is kinda trapped under the body support tower.
I tried using that on my stampede 4x4 with the castle esc switch. Didn't hold for long and I ended up just cutting the switch off and soldering the wires together. Not sure how to do that with the HW/arrma type esc's that have the set button as part of the switch. Guessing you have to figure something out to keep it. If it comes loose and slaps around too much, could rip the thing off the esc. Then your really stuck.

I tried using that on my stampede 4x4 with the castle esc switch. Didn't hold for long and I ended up just cutting the switch off and soldering the wires together. Not sure how to do that with the HW/arrma type esc's that have the set button as part of the switch. Guessing you have to figure something out to keep it. If it comes loose and slaps around too much, could rip the thing off the esc. Then your really stuck.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep a close eye on it. I’d be sad if I ruined a max6 over some damn tape. Or maybe I’ll go ahead and lock it down somehow. It’s kinda a pain to hit the button cause I can’t really get to it with the body on.

Bashing buddy had his switch on his castle esc in his granite rip itself off last weekend because it didn't stay held with double tape. That was with a pretty tiny switch. Then again... his wire management skills had his chassis looking like a birds nest... so, not sure how well he used the double sided tape. lol

Yeah they both definitely flew off when I got to jumping a lot. I zip tied them both down nice and tight. They won’t be moving now.

For switches I use e6000 and glue it. Holds great and can be removed if needed.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/kraton-chassis.3301/

I went with the max 6 because it can handle more current. Being a bigger esc I’m sure it’ll handle amp draw better than the max 8. The more max current you can draw the easier the setup will be on electronics. So hopefully no fires.

It’s very tight by max 6 and 4092 both fit fine. It’s incredible power too!

I wonder if the max6 can handle the heat better than the BLX185 in my outcast. I keep going into thermal with it when running 4S. I geared down to 14/50, added a motor fan and it still did it to me yesterday. I tried 6S, set my throttle EPA to 75% just to see of more volts would result in less heat, it didn't. I suppose I could gear down further with 6S and still get decent speed, but currently all I have are 2S packs, which I run in all my trucks.

Anyway, was just a thought I had that's outside this thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back