Max8 and cap pack question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
I got a max8 to run in senton6 and it came with a cap pack,the directions read.pic!..I've never installed one.any tips would much appreciated and do I need to install it??????

16076433896345905393116719295333.jpg

16076434659453131556840925204661.jpg

Solder to + and - within 1 inch (maximum) of the Lipo leads' + and - wires that exit the ESC. Correct polarity only as it states. The instructions are pretty clear and straight forward. ?‍♂️ If you never soldered before or understand basic ESC wiring, then start searching YT or Google it. You have to learn by doing it for yourself.(y)
Other may chime in with their help

Solder to + and - within 1 inch (maximum) of the Lipo leads' + and - wires that exit the ESC. Correct polarity only as it states. The instructions are pretty clear and straight forward. ?‍♂️ If you never soldered before or understand basic ESC wiring, then start searching YT or Google it. You have to learn by doing it for yourself.(y)
Other may chime in with their help
My soldering skills are getting better,lol...would you install it????,10lb senton6 mostly off road,no tall gearing speed running????

Good question. (y)
Answer: No you don't need it in your setup.:cool:
Others may flame me on this. That's why I didnt mention it above.
Honestly, If you know how to solder it do so. Wont hurt you. Its more for speed running and very very High amp loads. It keeps ripple volts low where they should be with High amp running. There are already 3 standard small Capacitors in that ESC. You should be able to see them between the Lipo leads near the ESC heat sink. Check for yourself. Its your call though. If that was my rig, I would not bother. If HW absolutely wanted it to be installed, they would have installed it themselves during Mfr.. They merely supplied it as an option. IMHO. don't discard it. Keep for future use. They don't come cheap as Cap Packs go. You may become a speed runner one day. :LOL:
Maybe others will chime in on this.

Last edited:
Good question. (y)
Answer: No you don't need it in your setup.:cool:
Others may flame me on this. That's why I didnt mention it above.
Honestly, If you know how to solder it do so. Wont hurt you. Its more for speed running and very very High amp loads. It keeps ripple volts low where they should be with High amp running. There are already 3 standard small Capacitors in that ESC. You should be able to see them between the Lipo leads near the ESC heat sink. Check for yourself. Its your call though.
Maybe others will chime in on this.
I now you now an I trust your judgment. If I'm gonna cut an spice in i should probably get a better quality cappack. They are not much$???
I appreciate your help.knowledge

There is nothing absolutely wrong with the one that came with it. It is to HW spec. If you plan on doing 140 MPH speed running in a 13+ pound rig with 6S or higher then maybe a "Flow Pack" or "Ripple Killer" Cap Pack is in order. :cool:

The good stuff doesn't come cheap. But overkill in any Offroader.
I have a HW XR 8 +in my Lim. I run my own soldered Cap pack. (6 Quality Panasonic Gold Caps)

All my other 6s rigs have no Cap pack. Don't need it. They offer no benefit. Until you learn about Speed running and actually doing it, you wont understand it. I can explain it to you, but I cant make you understand it. This gets real deep and controversial. Been discussed here on other Threads. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back