Max8 cap pack fitting..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So after reading on here various things about the Max8 needing the extra cap pack, I decided to fit the one that came supplied for safety's sake..

As always forgive my bad photos ?

I wanted to get the wires as low as possible and also as short as possible, tried for a factory finished look so I drilled two small holes in the ESC cover, cut the wire at the back, after feeding the wires through the holes I soldered the cap pack wire on..??
Re-assembled the fan and cover then taped the cap pack to the cables...

I'm thinking of getting a Max6 soon, but as I had this to hand thought I might just try it first..?

IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3017.jpeg

Looks like you did a good job. I think it's ridiculous that they just don't sell it with the extra cap pack installed. You have no warranty if you don't. Just another thing that irritates me about Hobbywing.

So after reading on here various things about the Max8 needing the extra cap pack, I decided to fit the one that came supplied for safety's sake..

As always forgive my bad photos ?

I wanted to get the wires as low as possible and also as short as possible, tried for a factory finished look so I drilled two small holes in the ESC cover, cut the wire at the back, after feeding the wires through the holes I soldered the cap pack wire on..??
Re-assembled the fan and cover then taped the cap pack to the cables...

I'm thinking of getting a Max6 soon, but as I had this to hand thought I might just try it first..?

View attachment 42804

View attachment 42805

View attachment 42806

View attachment 42807
Nice Rubycons! My choice for any recaps I do on other electronics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back