Max8 g2 vs castle mm2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Anyone have any input on which is the better esc to pair with my tp 4040 3770kv? I already killed a Spektrum 150a and one mm2 already. I should probably try to add and mmx8s but it's much harder to fit in a typhon 3s.

Anyone have any input on which is the better esc to pair with my tp 4040 3770kv? I already killed a Spektrum 150a and one mm2 already. I should probably try to add and mmx8s but it's much harder to fit in a typhon 3s.
Man Moirae, you got me all shook lol. I went with an MMX8s for my set up...then ended up just buying the Castle 1721 2400kv for simplicity lol. I never ran the 3770 and am currently trying to ship it back but its costing me 175.00 to ship to china lol. I will either end up trying it at my peril or selling it. Now that I see you're gonna go for it maybe I'll just wait to see what you blow up next lol. I'm trying the 150a esc on the Big Rock with the stock 3200kv motor. Maybe this weekend I'll slap on the 4040 3770kv and see what happens. its on a 20t pin right now. I wish you luck, my hobby store guy says I should be good on 4s to run the stretched typhon but I'm not so sure.

Man Moirae, you got me all shook lol. I went with an MMX8s for my set up...then ended up just buying the Castle 1721 2400kv for simplicity lol. I never ran the 3770 and am currently trying to ship it back but its costing me 175.00 to ship to china lol. I will either end up trying it at my peril or selling it. Now that I see you're gonna go for it maybe I'll just wait to see what you blow up next lol. I'm trying the 150a esc on the Big Rock with the stock 3200kv motor. Maybe this weekend I'll slap on the 4040 3770kv and see what happens. its on a 20t pin right now. I wish you luck, my hobby store guy says I should be good on 4s to run the stretched typhon but I'm not so sure.
Haha man I actually ran it on the repalcement 150a spektrum after dropping from 24 to 20t pinion and it didn't blow up but it did get real hot. I was thinking about dropping down to 18t to be a bit more safe but it's frustrating. I think 18/57 is about 65 mph and all my other on road rigs are basically geared for at least 80 mph. They all have mmx8s though :ROFLMAO:

I'ma just have to rock the 18t or force an mmx8s in there. I'll probably just keep the 150a spektrum in there and drop down to 18t 65mph not that bad. I want to make it work lol.

I feel your pain man. I just got this from Castle:

We do not recommend the 1721 motor with the MMX8S ESC at all. Be very careful.

Oh jeeeesh and the XLX2 will require a special mount to go on the Typhon smh. I really itching to just burn something up on purpose lol.
Damn I didn't even know the xlx2 could fit in a typhon. Is yours stretched? I bet the mmx8s will be fine with it though. Maybe don't do anything too crazy gear wise? :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Damn I didn't even know the xlx2 could fit in a typhon. Is yours stretched? I bet the mmx8s will be fine with it though. Maybe don't do anything too crazy gear wise? :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Yes its on a Talion chassis. and FYI I asked Castle regarding using the 4040 3770, and here is what they said:

"The ESC will physically run it, but if you plan on running it on 6s I would definitely not recommend the MMX8S. The XLX2 is better suited. 0 timing if it's a D wind (most TP motors are)."

I about to return this POS ESC that costed me 215.00 dollars lol. Here I was thinking The MMX8s was something special. bummer lol.

I'm about to take this little motor tie it to a giant rocket and send it into the stratosphere and prove the earth is flat smh. Frustrating but hilarious.

purchased it on Amazon, I tried to return it, they are asking 175.00 for economy shipping to China, then Amazon will reimburse me. 🤣

Yes its on a Talion chassis. and FYI I asked Castle regarding using the 4040 3770, and here is what they said:

"The ESC will physically run it, but if you plan on running it on 6s I would definitely not recommend the MMX8S. The XLX2 is better suited. 0 timing if it's a D wind (most TP motors are)."

I about to return this POS ESC that costed me 215.00 dollars lol. Here I was thinking The MMX8s was something special. bummer lol.

I'm about to take this little motor tie it to a giant rocket and send it into the stratosphere and prove the earth is flat smh. Frustrating but hilarious.

purchased it on Amazon, I tried to return it, they are asking 175.00 for economy shipping to China, then Amazon will reimburse me. 🤣
3770kv is very high for 6S. Sounds like your expectations were a little off base for the type of ESC required.

I actually bought the motor to run on 4s. Then I realized less cells = more amps and once I realized that, I didin't know what to do anymore lol. If I run it on 4s then the amps go up and I think these escs will struggle too much. Seems like the only real fix is to just gear down. I really regret this motor, if I could go back I'd have picked the 3000kv instead.

I think that ESC is the equivalent to the mm2 and not really better. I could be wrong though that seemed to be the consensus when I was searching the forums for comparisons.
From what I remember the MMX has a higher amp rating vs the MM2, it has more FETS and a better BEC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back