Kraton MaxAmp vs Dynamite Reaction batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calabiyau

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Trying not to make a big mistake here since it's all still fairly new to me
I'm interested in a single, quality 6s battery with a ec5 connector that will give my Kraton a little more punch.

I have this and am very happy with it
Dynamite Reaction 4s
Dimensions: 139 x 48 x 48 mm
Weight: 1lb

Just found this on sale
Maxamps 22.2v 6s
Dimensions: 137mm x 45mm x 52mm
Weight: 1.5lb

I would not pay the full price for the maxamps but what to you think about this battery for the Kraton at the sale price?

Am I seeing the right sale price? $249.99? I personally wouldn't pay that much. I've never had a maxamps but I think you don't get that much more for a LOT more money.

Trying not to make a big mistake here since it's all still fairly new to me
I'm interested in a single, quality 6s battery with a ec5 connector that will give my Kraton a little more punch.

I have this and am very happy with it
Dynamite Reaction 4s
Dimensions: 139 x 48 x 48 mm
Weight: 1lb

Just found this on sale
Maxamps 22.2v 6s
Dimensions: 137mm x 45mm x 52mm
Weight: 1.5lb

I would not pay the full price for the maxamps but what to you think about this battery for the Kraton at the sale price?

I have the MaxAmps 6S...It's a nice size battery per mah. It has unreal punch for the first couple of mins of use on a full charge. I don't know too much more because I have not had time to use it much. If it holds up this summer from 5C charges and lots of bashing.....I'll know more. I have a Turnigy 6S that is less mah and huge compared to this MaxAmps...it's also way less discharge. I noticed a cell getting weak from use last season. Only my larger scale RC's seem to really abuse batteries, my smaller 1/10th scales don't...My thought is to see if a super expensive one is worth it or not. Just have to put it through the ringer and see. The idea is to have way less voltage sag from a so called high end battery. To me I do notice the punch...it could help keep the vehicle cooler. Like I said....I really have not had solid time to try it out. But I agree....the price is insane.

I have a 1/5th scale 8S buggy getting built now......I have to figure out what brand to use in that. Probably will go with SMC...I hear great things and the price is nice. I really don't want to pay for 2 Maxamps in it. I got one in 6S to try and that's good enough for now.

Last edited:
If you want to see something interesting. Here is a snapshot of a calculator used to check my Maxamp battery. You need to use a charger that can measure internal resistance, take the highest cell reading. You also have to figure out if you are getting full capacity of mah. Punch in the numbers and you can get a good idea of the burst C rating of a battery. My Maxamp is rated as 120C. These readings can be affected by heat. It's best to compare packs rather than look at one brand or pack. Its a number game sometimes but also a way to track performance of a pack.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.PNG
    IMG_0945.PNG
    107.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I like my SMC packs and use them in many rigs that use standard hardcase length size battery trays but for my ARRMA rigs I have been surprised by the performance of a couple of packs from Hobbyking. For the Typhon I'm using the "Basher 6S Hardcase" and for the Kraton am trying out the "Graphene 5000mah 6S". Both packs have great punch and runtimes, balance perfectly and don't seem to heat up all that much under heavy load. Just another option to consider!

I agree... I am sometimes blown away by the performance I'm getting from hobbyking batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back