Notorious Maxamps day 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanF

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Got the new charger and Lipo in today day 1 notorious
1212182213.jpg
1212182214b.jpg
1212182214a.jpg
1212182214c.jpg
1212182214.jpg
1212181230a.jpg

Yeah, I would be concerned with charging on the kitchen counter, house/apartment whatever could go up in flames.

Especially a 6s pack, that thing would burn with serious damage for quite a while.

It may not happen often, but it only takes once!

TT

Yeah. I mean if he was charging them on the fireplace, in front of an open fire that wouldn't be wise. But if he's keeping an eye on them then I don't see the issue.

By the time you see the smoke, it's probably already too late. I know I wouldn't try to grab a burning lipo and carry it outside...

I don't think anyone here's daft enough to try and grab a burning lipo. There are oven trays, oven gloves, various long handled kitchen utensils to move the burning lipo into a large pot then straight out the back door.

Sounds like an unnecessary risk to me, but I'm also the one who used to charge in my work room on a wood table next to a wood wall right in the middle of the basement. I started to realize how dangerous that was, so I put in a smoke detector... :oops:
Once I saw videos of these things going, I then built my ammo box charging station... Which is still on the wood table... Next to the wood wall... Man I am brilliant. Lol, I might put some hot pads down there just in case. Or maybe start charging in the kitchen so I'm closer to a door. Huh, that went full circle, didn't it?..

Lol, maybe we should all just build a fireproof bunker to charge them in. If people stay nearby we could share them!

If he's there watching it, I really don't see what the problem is.
There is no issue charging in the kitchen or anywhere else as far as that goes if I'm sitting there watching I have a Lipo charge bag... people are to worried about mistakes made by irresponsible people and garbage Lipo manufacturers. Buy a quality Lipo don't use damaged cells charge at the proper rate and you will be good been using lipos 15+ years never had an issue. As usual people run with a few irresponsible peoples mistakes as if its the gospel and assume everyone as a whole is at risk lol that's the world we live in.

LMMFAO ????

PS as far as the charge cycle vs the balance cycle i assume you don't understand how the charging process works with multiple cell packs each cell is at 4.2 volts when charged around 3.3 when dead + - .2 volts depending on who you ask. Anyway you DO NOT have to balance your lipos every cycle you can... will not hurt anything but pointless none the less. Balancing at every 3 or 4 cycles is more than sufficient. Cell voltage does not fluctuate enough "again in a quality cell" between runs to warrant balancing every time. If you are a responsible Lipo user you should be checking your voltage with a simple cell voltage meter frequently regardless. So full charge you have a 2s at 4.13 volt and 4.2 on the other cell right after a charge cycle with no balancing not a problem do it again it might fluctuate more or less or stay the same thats why you check your cells frequently. Be safe but no need in padding all the walls.........?

have u ever see a big lipo fire not good ive seen many

Many? What are you doing wrong, lol. No, I haven't seen one. I've charged my batteries in my truck while out bashing. I've charged them on a wooden workbench. I make sure my batteries arent physically damaged, I use a really good charger and I charge them the way you are supposed to according to protocol. I really don't expect to see many fires, if any.

PS as far as the charge cycle vs the balance cycle i assume you don't understand how the charging process works with multiple cell packs each cell is at 4.2 volts when charged around 3.3 when dead + - .2 volts depending on who you ask. Anyway you DO NOT have to balance your lipos every cycle you can... will not hurt anything but pointless none the less. Balancing at every 3 or 4 cycles is more than sufficient. Cell voltage does not fluctuate enough "again in a quality cell" between runs to warrant balancing every time. If you are a responsible Lipo user you should be checking your voltage with a simple cell voltage meter frequently regardless. So full charge you have a 2s at 4.13 volt and 4.2 on the other cell right after a charge cycle with no balancing not a problem do it again it might fluctuate more or less or stay the same thats why you check your cells frequently. Be safe but no need in padding all the walls.........?

My charger has enough juice that any added time savings from not balance charging would be minimal, so I just use balance charge.

I also like to wrap my LiPO batteries in oily rags to keep them warm while they're charging. I place them on top of a bunch of dried kindling so that if there is a fire it will not damage my floor.

To each there own, I hope none of you experience it!

I have seen first hand (not mine but a friend) an entire garage, and part of their house in ashes due to a 3s 2000mah lipo fire, wasn't even being charged, was just sitting idle on a workbench when it ignited.

Those using a "lipo bag" there are very few if any on the market that will contain a 6s Lipo fire, those silver ones all over Amazon definitely won't.

Search youtube for "Lipo fire" and you can see how much damage they can cause.

TT

Many? What are you doing wrong, lol. No, I haven't seen one. I've charged my batteries in my truck while out bashing. I've charged them on a wooden workbench. I make sure my batteries arent physically damaged, I use a really good charger and I charge them the way you are supposed to according to protocol. I really don't expect to see many fires, if any.

My charger has enough juice that any added time savings from not balance charging would be minimal, so I just use balance charge.

I also like to wrap my LiPO batteries in oily rags to keep them warm while they're charging. I place them on top of a bunch of dried kindling so that if there is a fire it will not damage my floor.
zEro pOinTS MAdE hErE!!! Back to topic please.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back