Notorious Maxamps day 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are that lenient with their replacement policy, then I guess it would pay for itself if the pack dies. They all die eventually. I know 4-6 of the first SMC lipo's I bought that are now ~ 2 years old are taking longer and longer to charge. One dropped a cell after 14 months. At $50-$60 each... I'd have to have them die 4 times to get to the cost of a maxxamps pack, but if it's lifetime, then you would eventually break even. While having really highly rated packs the entire time.
Lifetime Warranty
During the first year of ownership, MaxAmps will replace any defective LiPo or LiFe battery at no cost. After one year, any defective MaxAmps LiPo or LiFe battery can be exchanged for just 50% of the new pack's list price. Our lifetime warranty is non-transferrable. You must be the original owner to receive warranty coverage.
Free Lifetime “Re-Wraps”
Is frequent use making your MaxAmps packs look heavily worn? We offer free lifetime “re-wraps” to all our past customers. We will remove the old shrink wrap and decals and give your pack a facelift with brand new decals and shrink. Then we will ship it back to you at NO CHARGE. Yet another valuable service that you receive for being a loyal MaxAmps.com fan. Send your packs along with your name, address and phone number to MaxAmps.com, 1015 W Garland Ave, Spokane, WA 99205.
https://www.maxamps.com/policies.php

This is one link i found sadly and took me this whole time to find it in my history https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons#post23223191 He was a bit rough with Maxamps but this is his own testing. Not saying his post is fact but i don't hear a lot of good things about Maxamps besides their great support.

My first lipo was a $125 SMC 9200mah 6s and it bloated asap and i was told it was because of my 1480kv and to buy HK graphene's and i see many suggest them because they can handle the amp draw from large motors and has top end performance of any. Ill see if these graphene panthers i got now bloat the same.... I prob would not of needed to buy another if i had max amps fwith their support if it bloated at all. Sucks when you live on disability because you cant just buy $250 lipos with half the mah of a recommended SMC when i was new to RC's but maybe i should of. I'll see how this new lipo stands....
Let's not forget the video review Jang did of a Maxamps battery that actually showed him connecting the battery to an amp draw testing rig and showing his results that magically disappeared and afterwards just mentioning Maxamps on URC would get you a nice temporary vacation.

I'm in no way saying that Maxamps are bad.

Last edited:
The customer service is par none a literal lifetime warranty and there is no other packs that have the performance of maxamps ive had one bad Lipo from them over the years caused by me I let one discharge way to far killed the cell and maxamps replaced it free of charge no questions asked the lifetime warranty is worth the price alone what specifically do you want me to video. Mph? Run time also ive used many cheap packs vs maxamps with the same mah and the maxamps always beats out the competition by several mins of run time. If you buy a maxamps and don't love it i will literally buy it from you. Maxamps builds there batteries to order so your getting a brand new freshly built pack. Your not buying a turnigy or traxxas lipo thats been sitting in a wharehouse for years. Also the general value if i buy 1 maxamps 5450 6s at 250 I will be using the lipo 2 years later at still peak performance and if i have an issue maxamps replaces it so its all win for maxamps.
Ok.

I just made a MaxAmps thread in the Electronics section asking if anyone had experience with them and most of them are telling me the batteries suck.

im thinking about getting the 6500mah 6s pack for my Mojave I’m getting bad run times with the Smart Spektrum packs that I have

im thinking about getting the 6500mah 6s pack for my Mojave I’m getting bad run times with the Smart Spektrum packs that I have
Your charger will tell you the actual capacity of those Spectrum packs. It's not voodoo, you can test how much mah your batteries actually has. if they indeed have the capacity they advertise, replacing them will not help.

Just in case some new hobbyists come across this thread I thought I'd I form them that its been common knowledge for over 10yrs especially within the flight community that pull way more amps than our surface applications do(which is why some people have good luck with them) that maxamps batteries are the absolute worst performance per dollar lipo on the market, next to thunder power. It's criminal what they are doing to unsuspecting new hobbyists. I'm glad to see they have much faded away from being promoted by the big RC outlets, mags, channels etc. If you google RC groups maxamps batt testing there is a very long and extensive ongoing thread that shows all the common lipos tested in 6s 5000 mah configuration by a man that has put countless hrs into testing lipos in a very professional way. Don't ever buy into their farce, please they are rip off artists. A simple google search will reveal lots of threads showing how bad they are.

Just in case some new hobbyists come across this thread I thought I'd I form them that its been common knowledge for over 10yrs especially within the flight community that pull way more amps than our surface applications do(which is why some people have good luck with them) that maxamps batteries are the absolute worst performance per dollar lipo on the market, next to thunder power. It's criminal what they are doing to unsuspecting new hobbyists. I'm glad to see they have much faded away from being promoted by the big RC outlets, mags, channels etc. If you google RC groups maxamps batt testing there is a very long and extensive ongoing thread that shows all the common lipos tested in 6s 5000 mah configuration by a man that has put countless hrs into testing lipos in a very professional way. Don't ever buy into their farce, please they are rip off artists. A simple google search will reveal lots of threads showing how bad they are.
That thread on rcgroups has been linked to in this thread

Not used max amps before but man I do love a nice clean Noto... Arrma really did well with the look and build, big props and love mine...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back