Notorious Maxamps day 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each there own, I hope none of you experience it!

I have seen first hand (not mine but a friend) an entire garage, and part of their house in ashes due to a 3s 2000mah lipo fire, wasn't even being charged, was just sitting idle on a workbench when it ignited.

Those using a "lipo bag" there are very few if any on the market that will contain a 6s Lipo fire, those silver ones all over Amazon definitely won't.

Search youtube for "Lipo fire" and you can see how much damage they can cause.

TT
I have Lipo Sack brand they do contain 6s Lipo fires. Around 30$ granted I don't use them. In my 15 years of working with Lipo batterys daily never ever not never have I had a lipo catch fire on its own sitting on a table for 6 hours or sitting packed 1000 deep in a wharehouse for 8 years.

Most of the..... it was just sitting on a table crap comes from sitting on that table but wore out overcharged under charged blah blah but in the end there is a reason mfg error or user

PS as far as the charge cycle vs the balance cycle i assume you don't understand how the charging process works with multiple cell packs each cell is at 4.2 volts when charged around 3.3 when dead + - .2 volts depending on who you ask. Anyway you DO NOT have to balance your lipos every cycle you can... will not hurt anything but pointless none the less. Balancing at every 3 or 4 cycles is more than sufficient. Cell voltage does not fluctuate enough "again in a quality cell" between runs to warrant balancing every time. If you are a responsible Lipo user you should be checking your voltage with a simple cell voltage meter frequently regardless. So full charge you have a 2s at 4.13 volt and 4.2 on the other cell right after a charge cycle with no balancing not a problem do it again it might fluctuate more or less or stay the same thats why you check your cells frequently. Be safe but no need in padding all the walls.........?
Well, if the cell are so matched up, it will also wont hurt to balance always..

Anyway, if you start a a delta of .07, by the time you run the battery down, what the difference between the cells do you get?

Got any video of the run? I'd like to see how a $250 lipo pack compares to a $100 equivalent. Is there a reason why you went with maxamps? I don't see many of those get used, but they are supposed to be pretty good.

Got any video of the run? I'd like to see how a $250 lipo pack compares to a $100 equivalent. Is there a reason why you went with maxamps? I don't see many of those get used, but they are supposed to be pretty good.
The customer service is par none a literal lifetime warranty and there is no other packs that have the performance of maxamps ive had one bad Lipo from them over the years caused by me I let one discharge way to far killed the cell and maxamps replaced it free of charge no questions asked the lifetime warranty is worth the price alone what specifically do you want me to video. Mph? Run time also ive used many cheap packs vs maxamps with the same mah and the maxamps always beats out the competition by several mins of run time. If you buy a maxamps and don't love it i will literally buy it from you. Maxamps builds there batteries to order so your getting a brand new freshly built pack. Your not buying a turnigy or traxxas lipo thats been sitting in a wharehouse for years. Also the general value if i buy 1 maxamps 5450 6s at 250 I will be using the lipo 2 years later at still peak performance and if i have an issue maxamps replaces it so its all win for maxamps.

The customer service is par none a literal lifetime warranty and there is no other packs that have the performance of maxamps ive had one bad Lipo from them over the years caused by me I let one discharge way to far killed the cell and maxamps replaced it free of charge no questions asked the lifetime warranty is worth the price alone what specifically do you want me to video. Mph? Run time also ive used many cheap packs vs maxamps with the same mah and the maxamps always beats out the competition by several mins of run time. If you buy a maxamps and don't love it i will literally buy it from you. Maxamps builds there batteries to order so your getting a brand new freshly built pack. Your not buying a turnigy or traxxas lipo thats been sitting in a wharehouse for years. Also the general value if i buy 1 maxamps 5450 6s at 250 I will be using the lipo 2 years later at still peak performance and if i have an issue maxamps replaces it so its all win for maxamps.
Just wouldn't mind seeing some off the line performance and bashing about to see/hear how it does. That's a hell of a warranty!

After the first year I believe it's 50$ for full replacement of the lipo if something happens also if you don't feel its performing right send it back in they will check them out solid company and there located in WA. Not ??

x2 on this. maxamps are overpriced for sure

x2 on this. maxamps are overpriced for sure
If they are that lenient with their replacement policy, then I guess it would pay for itself if the pack dies. They all die eventually. I know 4-6 of the first SMC lipo's I bought that are now ~ 2 years old are taking longer and longer to charge. One dropped a cell after 14 months. At $50-$60 each... I'd have to have them die 4 times to get to the cost of a maxxamps pack, but if it's lifetime, then you would eventually break even. While having really highly rated packs the entire time.

If they are that lenient with their replacement policy, then I guess it would pay for itself if the pack dies. They all die eventually. I know 4-6 of the first SMC lipo's I bought that are now ~ 2 years old are taking longer and longer to charge. One dropped a cell after 14 months. At $50-$60 each... I'd have to have them die 4 times to get to the cost of a maxxamps pack, but if it's lifetime, then you would eventually break even. While having really highly rated packs the entire time.
Runtime and way more amperage is also what your paying for just get ya one you wont regret it, i just ran that 5450 pack hard for 30 mins and currently at 3.93 volts per cell + - .02 so looking at a 45 min run time no problem with this pack. Also having way more than enough power lets you electronics run at peak unstarved performance. No sag no fade.

do u allways charge lipo's in the kitchen?
So? I charge under my bed in a barn. I live dangerously.

Also, whats wrong with his kitchen? Not all of us live in fancy homes with garages or even a yard, we charge where we can. I live in a apt and i charge in the living room by my pc and i store 2 6s in a large crock pot in the same spot while my mind rots watching the crock pot in the same spot while its so hot *cough*....

Runtime and way more amperage is also what your paying for just get ya one you wont regret it, i just ran that 5450 pack hard for 30 mins and currently at 3.93 volts per cell + - .02 so looking at a 45 min run time no problem with this pack. Also having way more than enough power lets you electronics run at peak unstarved performance. No sag no fade.
Li

Also, whats wrong with his kitchen? Not all of us live in fancy homes with garages or even a yard, we charge where we can. I live in a apt and i charge in the living room by my pc and i store 2 6s in a large crock pot in the same spot while my mind rots watching the crock pot in the same spot while its so hot *cough*....
Lol ?

Thats not what people who's tested maxamps says. They are not even on the lvl as turnigy graphenes and they are like half the price of the maxamps and last as long per mah. There's one other brand thats as good but i forgot and maxamps is not it. They could be wrong but i seen more then one post like that with full testing

All I can say at this point with all the info ive provided if you can afford maxamps try them you wont regret it. If not continue using subpar lipos. I will post a video up at some point over the next couple weeks of running and mph. Again the performance increase alone is worth the extra $$ not sure why people worry so much about a 250$ lipo especially being the literal heart of the entire operation. For me I want the best

All I can say at this point with all the info ive provided if you can afford maxamps try them you wont regret it. If not continue using subpar lipos. I will post a video up at some point over the next couple weeks of running and mph. Again the performance increase alone is worth the extra $$ not sure why people worry so much about a 250$ lipo especially being the literal heart of the entire operation. For me I want the best
This is one link i found sadly and took me this whole time to find it in my history https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons#post23223191 He was a bit rough with Maxamps but this is his own testing. Not saying his post is fact but i don't hear a lot of good things about Maxamps besides their great support.

My first lipo was a $125 SMC 9200mah 6s and it bloated asap and i was told it was because of my 1480kv and to buy HK graphene's and i see many suggest them because they can handle the amp draw from large motors and has top end performance of any. Ill see if these graphene panthers i got now bloat the same.... I prob would not of needed to buy another if i had max amps fwith their support if it bloated at all. Sucks when you live on disability because you cant just buy $250 lipos with half the mah of a recommended SMC when i was new to RC's but maybe i should of. I'll see how this new lipo stands....

lmao

Exactly, I’m also living in a flat and also charging my lipos in a living room next to my pc :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 32
This is one link i found sadly and took me this whole time to find it in my history https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons#post23223191 He was a bit rough with Maxamps but this is his own testing. Not saying his post is fact but i don't hear a lot of good things about Maxamps besides their great support.

My first lipo was a $125 SMC 9200mah 6s and it bloated asap and i was told it was because of my 1480kv and to buy HK graphene's and i see many suggest them because they can handle the amp draw from large motors and has top end performance of any. Ill see if these graphene panthers i got now bloat the same.... I prob would not of needed to buy another if i had max amps fwith their support if it bloated at all. Sucks when you live on disability because you cant just buy $250 lipos with half the mah of a recommended SMC when i was new to RC's but maybe i should of. I'll see how this new lipo stands....
Good luck hopefully the graphene works out maxamps is doing there r and d on graphene and have some things available for small applications. I will try to get a speed run up soon at least running around it will be phone quality and unedited. Let me know if you like them im definitely interested.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back