Maximum vs Minimum Diff Effect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Before I open my diffs on my new EXB, I want to know what I’m getting into.

Saw the exploded diffs views. Can someone please explain what the terms “max” and “min” translate to?

How tight is considered too tight?

TIA.

Before I open my diffs on my new EXB, I want to know what I’m getting into.

Saw the exploded diffs views. Can someone please explain what the terms “max” and “min” translate to?

How tight is considered too tight?

TIA.
YouTube has some great videos on it arrma has good one. Explain it better than I can

The max restrictive setup is star/circle/star the circle is dragging between both star plates while diffing out and that increase the resistance and LSD effect under heavy rotation. Less restrictive setup star/star/circle The circle is only dragging against one star plate reducing the LSD effect. In short the max setup would send more power to the tire on the ground when the other tire in the air than the less restrictive setup under hard throttle. It regulates diffing out. Its hard to explain hope i didn't make you more confused

The max restrictive setup is star/circle/star the circle is dragging between both star plates while diffing out and that increase the resistance and LSD effect under heavy rotation. Less restrictive setup star/star/circle The circle is only dragging against one star plate reducing the LSD effect. In short the max setup would send more power to the tire on the ground when the other tire in the air than the less restrictive setup under hard throttle. It regulates diffing out. Its hard to explain hope i didn't make you more confused
Merci jeune homme

But you have to pay close attention to which way you put the star plates go back and rings back in I believe one side is smooth and has a rounder corner that's why I'm saying you should watch the videos

But you have to pay close attention to which way you put the star plates go back and rings back in I believe one side is smooth and has a rounder corner that's why I'm saying you should watch the videos
Watched a few already and taking notes ✌🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back