Typhon Maxspeed goodies...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love me some soy sauce ?
Lol, me too. I ended up not using the Markhor top plate on my Typhon. It made things difficult to work on. I put it on the second buggy I’m building for my daughter. I wrench to much for the hassle. I need to modify the towers on one edge. When putting the cover on the bulkhead it comes in contact. I’ll post pics when I’m done. Waiting on AvidRC bearings to rebuild all my diffs and heavy up all the diff oils. I need to modify the wing mount as well. Shave a little material off the part that screws into the tower.

I bought “back ordered “ all the v4 parts for this one.

B4A244B7-2A78-4F54-B1D5-FF026DF603D9.jpeg
D410031B-D4B7-43AC-830C-5BFAA90E3262.jpeg
8121F1D5-94E1-4EC3-8487-84831C1119B4.jpeg
Finally got parts needed to do this install. I had to mod the towers in the front to clear the diff covers when removing and installing. If I could do it all over again I’d go with the standard thickness towers to skip the headache. These 6.4mm require modding every part that comes in contact with them. Wing mount, longer screws, relief edges near diff cover.....

They will be nice when they are done.

I love me some soy sauce ?
Kikkoman is the best commercial, readily available thin soy sauce. They also make a decent Tamari style. For the standard I buy the green cap / low sodium. If the Japanese restaurant has the green, I prefer to use it there too. lol ;)???

Kikkoman is the best commercial, readily available thin soy sauce. They also make a decent Tamari style. For the standard I buy the green cap / low sodium. If the Japanese restaurant has the green, I prefer to use it there too. lol ;)???
I live 20 min from the kikkoman factory in Folsom CA. I’ve always wanted to do the tour. The green cap is sacrileg by the way, lol. That’s like l lite mayonnaise, margarine, fat free half-n-half, sugar free candy, Diet Coke, decaf coffee, cubic zirconia, etc.... Every time I use the green it’s like giving me bakers chocolate instead of Toblerone. Ruins my appetite.

I live 20 min from the kikkoman factory in Folsom CA. I’ve always wanted to do the tour. The green cap is sacrileg by the way, lol. That’s like l lite mayonnaise, margarine, fat free half-n-half, sugar free candy, Diet Coke, decaf coffee, cubic zirconia, etc.... Every time I use the green it’s like giving me bakers chocolate instead of Toblerone. Ruins my appetite.
lol. I only make this comment coming from 30 years pro chef experience. I can always add salt but can never take it away. I wish to use Kikkoman with items already salted, cured etc. This is important.
I also wish to know exactly the salt content of all of their products. I can use this information in formulas where I measure salt specifically and by the fraction of a gram. This information isn't always accessible.
I appreciate your comparison but I do take it a bit further than the layman may. (y)

edit: Toblerone? cmon man. lol

lol. I only make this comment coming from 30 years pro chef experience. I can always add salt but can never take it away. I wish to use Kikkoman with items already salted, cured etc. This is important.
I also wish to know exactly the salt content of all of their products. I can use this information in formulas where I measure salt specifically and by the fraction of a gram. This information isn't always accessible.
I appreciate your comparison but I do take it a bit further than the layman may. (y)

edit: Toblerone? cmon man. lol
Wow, you took that the wrong way. My comparisons were a joke. They were funny to me, I laughed when I wrote them. If I knew you were a chef I would never have made jest about the intricacies of sodium in regards to flavor. Since I’ve already offended your deep intellectualy superior sense of flavor and mad scientist like understanding of salt, I might as well take it one step further, lol.

In layman’s terms, when someone says they “prefer” the green cap at the local Japanese restaurant “ in this context, I made a joke about how the health conscious lower sodium soy sauce is sac religious within some circles.“ you are implying you would use it over the good stuff because that’s what “prefer” means.

Context is the mother and father of all conversation and innuendo in the English language. You sir said you “prefer” it when using it as a condiment. This was a joke by the way,, still laughing at your bizarre retort good fellow, lol. I can tell you were somehow offended by my comments about fake soy sauce by the way you got all backhand sophisticated. It was a joke man. Belittling people over sodium content to the gram is silly even for a chef of 30+ years. If I knew you were a chef I would have struck a different nerve all together.

image.jpg
Can we please talk about our toys now, I really want to discuss our toys again, lol.

Almost done. Like I said. If I could do it again I would do the standard thickness. I need new screws.
2BD3FB95-24C2-4357-85F1-0658FD677678.jpeg

Wow, you took that the wrong way. My comparisons were a joke. They were funny to me, I laughed when I wrote them. If I knew you were a chef I would never have made jest about the intricacies of sodium in regards to flavor. Since I’ve already offended your deep intellectualy superior sense of flavor and mad scientist like understanding of salt, I might as well take it one step further, lol.

In layman’s terms, when someone says they “prefer” the green cap at the local Japanese restaurant “ in this context, I made a joke about how the health conscious lower sodium soy sauce is sac religious within some circles.“ you are implying you would use it over the good stuff because that’s what “prefer” means.

Context is the mother and father of all conversation and innuendo in the English language. You sir said you “prefer” it when using it as a condiment. This was a joke by the way,, still laughing at your bizarre retort good fellow, lol. I can tell you were somehow offended by my comments about fake soy sauce by the way you got all backhand sophisticated. It was a joke man. Belittling people over sodium content to the gram is silly even for a chef of 30+ years. If I knew you were a chef I would have struck a different nerve all together.

View attachment 35045Can we please talk about our toys now, I really want to discuss our toys again, lol.
Thanks for all that but I tried to keep it simple and small and diplomatic. Sorry it was bigger for you than it was for me.

Lol, and now back to the toys.
image.jpg

I went overboard with the screw measurements on the standoffs. I need 30mm. I got 35’s. Didn’t realize I had washers on the back of them making up the same difference. They stick out exactly 5mm. Loving how this buggy turned out. M2c Racing chassis, Hot Racing everything, front & rear CVD’s, Mugen diff outdrives front and rear these towers and a boatload of knowledge through Arrma forum osmosis. I even learned about salt.

Last edited:
I would use a dremel and cut them down. Looks good ?
The screws are an easy swap and I can see me getting pissed with the grinder pumice and SS filings getting everywhere.

I used my calipers to scribe a perfect 1.25mm mark around the area on the wing-mount that butts up to the towers and sliced it off with a knife. It was really easy. Hopefully I won’t start ripping off wing mounts. I think I’m going to glue in some plastic washers on the new mount before I do the new wing when I get it. There is about half the meat in there at the moment.

My wife is going to stab me when all the V4 parts start showing up. I backordered everything but the body. I would have threw that in too but I lost the PN.

Last edited:
The screws are an easy swap and I can see me getting pissed with the grinder pumice and SS filings getting everywhere.

I used my calipers to scribe a perfect 1.25mm mark around the area on the wing-mount that butts up to the towers and sliced it off with a knife. It was really easy. Hopefully I won’t start ripping off wing mounts. I think I’m going to glue in some plastic washers on the new mount before I do the new wing when I get it. There is about half the meat in there at the moment.

My wife is going to stab me when all the V4 parts start showing up. I backordered everything but the body. I would have threw that in too but I lost the PN.
I just backordered the body, ?.
ARA406120

Well, I guess I didn’t really want these after all. It looks like I’ll be waiting for Voltage to make these. 50+ mph into a sign post. The car ricocheted 20’ to the right and worked just fine. Noticed it today. I had it on a track all day yesterday. Nothing else broke. Hot Racing bulkhead is a champ...
35794504-5685-4456-86F4-851D8287F059.jpeg
B6F00699-5306-4A48-8A97-9DF396B628A6.jpeg
B8EE52C3-7ED4-4B78-A92A-6FDD9D99BC46.jpeg
F3EFB9F3-C58E-4D41-AFC5-A8AF4F730B2F.jpeg
4A2D6E3A-8909-4915-AE32-61D20F97C9C0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back