Typhon Maxspeed goodies...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I finally got my Magspeed Germany 6mm thick CF shock towers for my 6s Typhon. They are weightless and beautiful. I’m going full beast mode when I get the Markhor top plate. It’s on holiday at the US Customs office for a day or two.

This shop does great work. High quality materials. If you can stand the wait I highly recommend...

I'm surprised more people aren't using them, very high quality indeed!

Attachments

• 20190318_002139.jpg
    20190318_002139.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190317_210318.jpg
    20190317_210318.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190318_005634.jpg
    20190318_005634.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190318_005628.jpg
    20190318_005628.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190317_210459.jpg
    20190317_210459.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 59
Holy thick carbon fiber Batman! If you don't mind divulging, what's the approximate cost for a pair of those shock towers?

Holy thick carbon fiber Batman! If you don't mind divulging, what's the approximate cost for a pair of those shock towers?
$61.49 for my last purchase which was for the typhon shock towers only. Really a great deal, just have to have a little patience on the transit time.

This Typhon build is going to be ridiculous when it’s done. Very low CG.

*Markhor CF chassis brace, almost here.
*Team Durango titanium turnbuckles, in.
*Team Durango rear diff facilitating rear CVD’s, in car now.
*Hot Racing front and rear chassis braces, have.
*Hot Racing diff cups, need 1.
*Hot Racing motor mount, need.
*Hot Racing bulkheads, need 1.
*M2C chassis, have.
*M2C skid plates, need.
*GRP #7 coumpound tires with the hard j wheels, on the way.

When I get it all together I’ll do a freshen up with all new a-arms, body and diff oil. Currently 30r/300/60f. No good for what I’m doing and the weight of the car. I’m torching one rear tire at the moment. Won’t be happy till it’s both or all 4, lol... I’m going 80K front and back for starters. May go heavier in the center. Don’t know.

I’m looking into a new motor and ESC for this beast. Something with a lower KV than stock. I’ll gear up for speed. This car already flies and isn’t light. I want crazy power with low motor temps wile beating it to death. Lately I’ve been street bashing it going full Gymkhana wherever I take it. I’m getting good at drifting it. My street is full of stripes I’ve been laying. I want an ESC/ motor combo that will make it full blown Hoonicorn status, lol...

I’m putting my current motor / ESC in the car I’m building for my daughter when I decide on a replacement.. I have nearly everything I need for a rolling chassis for her.

I finally got my Magspeed Germany 6mm thick CF shock towers for my 6s Typhon. They are weightless and beautiful. I’m going full beast mode when I get the Markhor top plate. It’s on holiday at the US Customs office for a day or two.

This shop does great work. High quality materials. If you can stand the wait I highly recommend...
They look rock solid, never knew these existed, thanks man!
I was looking at these, also from Germany:

Carbon shock towers: https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/carbon/arrma/
Wing mount: https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/

Anybody here got some experiences with these?

They look rock solid, never knew these existed, thanks man!
I was looking at these, also from Germany:

Carbon shock towers: https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/carbon/arrma/
Wing mount: https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/

Anybody here got some experiences with these?
I’ve seen there parts. I’m debating on contacting them about the rear skid. I think it would add to the strength considerably. I don’t have issue with drilling holes in a chassis.
https://m.facebook.com/M3CustomRc/p...nc-made-of-7075t6-aluminium/1971762726427799/

I ordered the M2C front and rear skid plates for it. Picked up a Hot Racing motor mount and bulkhead today. The Markhor top plate came in yesterday. Waiting on some cone washers to fill the tops of the rear wing mount before mounting the top plate. I was disappointed to see countersunk holes on the rear portion of the top plate. It is what’s on the wing mount but I would like the full strength of the CF in that area. Looking into standoffs for the towers now. I won’t switch over to the new chassis till I have all the parts in hand. Waiting on M2C to get droop screws back in stock too. I don’t want to tear up the tabs.

Strength and beauty. I’m waiting on the droop screws to come back in stock at M2C before iso the chassis swap. Just installed the HR motor mount and a 16 tooth pinion today. I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Getting ready to put this together. Waiting on the droop screws and Tekno standoffs I ordered.

It gets a little warmer with the 16 tooth pinion on. Not to hot enough for worries. I definitely want a new ESC motor combo that can better handle the abuse.
7335DBCA-6496-4229-9919-91C822CBEDB7.jpeg
D1268788-1E40-449F-9E49-D8C67314FB69.jpeg

Last edited:
did you seal the edges of the cf parts with ca glue? Did you get the top for hr bulkhead/diff cases? Are you going bulletproof with hr diff cups also?

did you seal the edges of the cf parts with ca glue? Did you get the top for hr bulkhead/diff cases? Are you going bulletproof with hr diff cups also?
Have you had issues with carbon fiber coming apart if not glued? I've been considering doing that to mine.

I still need one bulkhead case cover. I have the 2 HR diff cups and 80k cst diff oil for them. I’m waiting on Mugen Seiki diff outdrives for my rear CVD’s before I assemble them. I’ll seal the CF before I assemble the car.

All sealed up inside and out.
image.jpg
Hoping to get the last couple things to do the install. By this weekend I’ll have a whole new buggy. I didn’t use the soy sauce.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back