maxx vs outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably could have kept it in one thread. I don't think you will get a real answer here. Arrma forum will say Outcast, Traxxas forums will say Maxx.

If you can't physically see it for yourself, watch comparison videos.

In my eyes they are both good, if cash is a problem, there is only one winner.

i just wanted to see how people would react if traxxas was mentioned of an arrma fourm but i will say that i own both a traxxas and an arrma and in my eyes they are good in their own ways the slash has the aftermarket support but is need tune ups reguarly while my typhon doesn't need maintence regulary but it has had motor failure twice due to the bearing being worn down
You have a this vs. that thread right after a "opinion on traxxas" thread you could have posted this question in..
yeah sorry on that didint think i could do that

Last edited:
Posting a "Thoughts on Traxxas" in an Arrma forum is asking for a biased opinion.

The Maxx looks good and is Traxxas.
The Outcast looks good and is Arrma.

Ultimately they are very similar trucks without too many differences.

I like the Traxxas body mount system however I love the look of the Outcast.

The Outcast is cheaper but comes with a Spectrum Transmitter which you really should replace.

I would just get the Outcast and save some $$$, put that towards a new controller and possibly a servo eventually.

I actually have about the same money in the Kraton 6s as the Maxx. No matter what you get you will be getting upgrades. I don't even need parts because of breakage but they keep showing up anyway :D Like I just installed new Hot Racing hubs on the Kraton 6s and did upgraded CVD's though the stuff in the car was still working fine.

You probably could have kept it in one thread. I don't think you will get a real answer here. Arrma forum will say Outcast, Traxxas forums will say Maxx.

If you can't physically see it for yourself, watch comparison videos.

In my eyes they are both good, if cash is a problem, there is only one winner.
Based on what I've seen here, there are quite a few open thinkers (which I think is one of the reasons that makes this forum better than the other places). On the Traxxas sites, just mentioning another MFR gets your post modified or removed. We have lots of threads where we discuss the + and - of each brand .. and lately, the Maxx seems to be the topic. Plenty of good points in that thread.

Mechanically, one of the biggest differences between them is the maxx has a center diff, of sorts and very robust steel geared differentials. Personally, I wouldn't consider getting one of the arrma 3s-4s trucks because of the lack of steel gears and center diff.

Last edited:
I would buy the Maxx if it was $399 like the OC.

According to some threads, if it was like the OC, then you would be dumping more money into it - perhaps more than what it costs already.

Watch kevin talbot videos on the 4s he abuses the poor thing and is pretty tuff
maxx took one crash then he took the outcast and abused it kinda

Watch kevin talbot videos on the 4s he abuses the poor thing and is pretty tuff
maxx took one crash then he took the outcast and abused it kinda
You cannot use this video as a durability comparison between the Outcast 4s and the Maxx. The Outcast 4s was never ran into the rear end of a Land Rover at full speed. Using this video to compare both models is like using NHRA footage and a tv comercial to compare a Chevy Camaro to a Ford Mustang.

To be honest the best way to compare actual durability between both models would be to gear both vehicles for the same speed, then run them into half a wall. Like they test real cars.

If you're comparing price and size, the Outcast 6S is more comparable imo. I think the Wheelbases are similar and the widths are close with the Wide-Maxx kit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back