Maybe a really stupid question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Sumatra

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Doing a bit of maintenance on my young ones Typhon. And thought I'd check the shock oil. It's empty but I gather that's normal.

Is there any reason I shouldn't put them back on upside down? Would it stop them from leaking?

No - it should be relatively full. I'm not a fan of the 3S shocks. They had a tendancy to leak to begin with and were "fixed" with silicone o-rings on the V3s. Which version do you have?

Also, I'd love to see how you could manage to fit them upside down 🤣

It’s certainly normal to the people on the assembly line😂, along with what ever else they decide not to qc on lunch.

Last edited:
It’s certainly normal to the people on the assembly line😂, along with what ever else they decide not to on qc lunch.
line production GIF

Ok, it doesn't work. I should have tried it before I posted.

Hangs head in newbie shame

They are sh1t shocks though.

I'm Canadian
Same! That isn't right, they should be properly filled.

There are shock rebuild kits and videos on YouTube on how to do it. I believe @razorrc has videos on shock rebuilds... no time to search at the moment. Its pretty straightforward. You can also go to JennysRC website and get a set of front or rear shocks from a new kit for a good price. They are still the 3S plastic shocks, but the newer ones I haven't had any leaking issues with. And my girls have beat the snot out of their Vorteks at the skate park.

Same! That isn't right, they should be properly filled.

There are shock rebuild kits and videos on YouTube on how to do it. I believe @razorrc has videos on shock rebuilds... no time to search at the moment. Its pretty straightforward. You can also go to JennysRC website and get a set of front or rear shocks from a new kit for a good price. They are still the 3S plastic shocks, but the newer ones I haven't had any leaking issues with. And my girls have beat the snot out of their Vorteks at the skate park.
Junk.. don't waste ur time!!🤯

V3 shocks seem to have fixed the leaking problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back